The Weekly News Roundup is a collection of headlines from around the internet that caught the attention of the Tagging Miles team. Content on these blogs do not necessarily reflect the positions of Tagging Miles, and should not be considered endorsements. Have a great story we should read? Contact us now and let us know!
- Interesting preliminary findings for a recent Qatar Airways incident at Miami.
- Skift interviewed Etihad CEO James Hogan. He had some interesting things to say. I, for one, didn’t realize that Washington-Dulles was the only other lounge Etihad has in the US (other than JFK now). Also, his strategy with the Etihad Partners is pretty impressive.
- The most innovative airports in the world. Its a fun article to read, and really makes me want to go to Oktoberfest in Munich, if only to surf at the airport.
Miles and Points:
- P.F. Digest shares confessions... For me, these were earth shattering, but, I’m expecting his end of the year vacation to be all about vendoming… or at least family… or both!
- Dia has announced the speakers for the next FT4RL.
- Oren has a great roundup of deals to maximize before the end of the year.
- Chasing the Points also has a great post on Q4 quarterly cards. For me, his post put a spotlight on areas where I have to work harder.
- There might be some good business class award availability to Europe on AA metal still left… but it was posted Sunday night/Monday.
- If you didn’t take advantage of the IHG promotion where you send postcards and get points, Gary Leff, has a way for you to do it for a fairly economical price. I dunno about you, but I’m doing it. I’ve got to give Gary credit here, since he had previously been offered $20 to promote this option, and instead asked the guy doing the work to just decrease his price by $20.
- Oren has an excellent post on a new tool that I’ve started using called Inventory Lab. It allows you to move away from using spreadsheets to track your reselling endeavors. It probably doesn’t make sense for folks just starting out, but when you scale up, it’s worth it. I know I should’ve moved to it long ago. Oren has an affiliate link in his post – I’d recommend you use it, if you decide to sign up based on his write-up.
- Air France is bidding farewell to the 747 with a tribute flight on 14 January, that includes a tour of France. Its cheap at only 220 Euros, in my opinion (given that it is a pretty much once in a lifetime event inclusive of lunch and champagne).
- Qatar flies the A350 to the US, first stop is JFK, more to follow!
- Boeing unveiled the first 737 max.
- Seth Miller shares insight into the Boeing 737 Configuration Studio, it’s interesting how many choices there are for the same aircraft!
Tagging Miles Posts of the Week:
- AccorHotels to acquire Fairmont, Raffles and Swissotel, the real question is whether this is good or bad. I for one am concerned.
- American Airlines is introducing a True Premium Economy class, here’s why it may not be all roses.
- What are the key things an airport lounge should have? The comments are great on this one!
- Review: American Airlines First Class – DFW to Santiago – 777-200
- Virgin Galactic’s new launch vehicle – and boy is she a beauty!