Plastiq issues

humancar

Level 2 Member
I tried using Plastiq to process VGC and MGC to pay for landscaping services to my landscaper. Plastiq came back three days later after requesting an invoice and approving the invoice, stating that I am unable to use prepaid cards to pay. Now I am awaiting a refund to be processed back to my GC's. When I contacted them to clarify, they informed me that gift cards can only be used to pay institutions (companies), not individuals. I have had a friend pay me (not a company) before through Plastiq using gift cards, and he did not have any issues. Has anyone run into the same situation with Plastiq, any suggestions on circumventing this?

humancar

Level 2 Member
I'm sure you have your reasons, but why not either cut out plastiq or GC from the equation?
I can't cut the GC from the equation because I have several thousand dollars worth of them and would like to use them to pay the landscaper but the landscaper doesn't accept cards of any kind, only cash or check. So decided to try out Plastiq. Other methods that I am aware of on how to use the GCs as cash rarely work, where I live.