NYC: Radisson Martinique, The Ride, and a Birthday Wish

We are fortunate enough to live relatively close to one of the greatest cities on the planet. I have been visiting New York City since I was a kid myself, and now it is my kids’ favorite place to go for a fun family weekend. We have done lots of the expected New York City activities and attractions, yet there is still so much left to do. I haven’t (yet) written about even a fraction of our NYC experiences, although I have had a long post in the works for a while now. I also haven’t (yet) won the lottery, so we try to keep expenses down as much as we can in one of the most expensive places ever.

With the upcoming Club Carlson credit card devaluation (which you can read more about here on Points with a Crew), I have booked a BOGO weekend at the Radisson Martinique on Broadway. The hotel itself gets mixed reviews, but we are excited to give it a try. It is a fantastic value with the ‘buy one get one free’ nights using Club Carlson points (I wrote about that as one of my favorite credit card features here). We are using 75,000 Club Carlson points, which are easy to earn. This will get us 2 nights in a club level room that would cost us $947.94.

Our plan for the weekend, depending on the weather, is to spend some time running around Central Park (where my husband proposed to me lots of years ago). We are also going to a tour that we haven’t done before. It’s called THE RIDE & it looks really cool. Here is some of their information:

THE RIDE uses New York City and its renowned landmarks as the backdrop for a theatrical event that blurs the boundary between tour and performance. The city becomes a stage, and soon you can’t tell where the street ends and the show begins!

THE RIDE gives you a front-row seat to the streets of New York City in a multi-million dollar motor coach that comes equipped with state-of-the-art audio/visual technology, including 40 plasma screen TVs and over 3000 LED lights. Enjoy the performance from the comfort of one-of-a-kind stadium seating and huge panoramic windows.

While navigating a 4.2-mile midtown path, our performers and native New Yorkers alike become performers for THE RIDE, showing guests an entirely new side of New York City they can’t see anywhere else.

Whether you’re new to the city or a long-time native, you’ll find something to enjoy.

Get On, and Experience the Ride.
$50 OFF Your Next Party with THE RIDE!

I have seen these cool looking buses on previous trips to NYC and have always wanted to give it a try.

Our other planned activity is at the request of my daughter, who has a birthday coming up. We have walked past Madame Tussauds many times when visiting New York City. She always begs to go in. This will be a surprise for her birthday, and I know that she will be thrilled. It will be our first visit to a wax museum, and I am curious about how realistic the statues will be.

Become a star at MADAME TUSSAUDS with over 85,000 square feet of interactive entertainment in the heart of Times Square. There are millions of things to see and do in New York City, but there is only one place where you can get up close with over 200 incredible wax figures of celebrities, historical icons, sports legends and more. From Marilyn Monroe to Barack Obama to Lady Gaga to Carmelo Anthony, there is a star for everyone! Don’t miss the thrilling Marvel Super Heroes 4D theater featuring Marvel’s legendary Super Heroes. Visit nycwax.com for more information.

I’m pretty sure this will be the highlight for my daughter!

The post NYC: Radisson Martinique, The Ride, and a Birthday Wish appeared first on The American Travel Project.

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator: