#milemadness Do Part Deux West Coast Ideas

Skywardbd

Level 2 Member
Husband and I are in! Ryan is obviously busy, but I left a voice message with our reservation request, so hoping he will get back with us shortly.

KennyBSAT

Staff member
The 4 of us are in, Bonnie and the boys will be happy to hang out and share stories with other spouses and kids not actually attending. I'm pretty sure another family from S.A. will be there as well so your kids won't be alone. Bring 'em!

mrsjon01

Level 2 Member
Charity Forum Mod
I'm in as well! Very excited. I think I might actually bring my husband and son - the resort looks great. Are people getting tickets for spouses? Mine is totally not into this "hobby."

MarkD

Level 2 Member
...72 hour cancelation policy on room reservations.
Wait. Does that mean you can cancel 72 hours before your reservation and be refunded or you have 72 hours from the time of reservation and then you are locked in as non-refundable?

Matt - If it's the latter then you need to add that in big bold letters in the hotel description so everyone knows up front.

Barb

Level 2 Member
My husband and daughter are coming. He is planning to golf since Scottsdale is such an awesome golf destination. Maybe we should set up a spouse golfing event!

Mike @ The Hustle Blog

Level 2 Member
I'm in as well! Very excited. I think I might actually bring my husband and son - the resort looks great. Are people getting tickets for spouses? Mine is totally not into this "hobby."
The wife is coming along but not attending. I'm sure Firesky will have plenty to do while we're busy mile&pointing.

cocobird

Level 2 Member
Wait. Does that mean you can cancel 72 hours before your reservation and be refunded or you have 72 hours from the time of reservation and then you are locked in as non-refundable?

Matt - If it's the latter then you need to add that in big bold letters in the hotel description so everyone knows up front.
It's 72 hours before the day of arrival.

Matt

Administrator
Staff member

For sure- if it was the case I would sort it out.

In other news - I just bought my ticket, so I am coming too!

mrsjon01

Level 2 Member
Charity Forum Mod
My family would love a pool get together with other kids. Congrats on selling out so fast, wow!

Maria Sangria

Level 51
We are sold out!

For events and meetups I have created other threads here so you can coordinate.
Holy, guacamole. That was fast! Glad I was refreshing this thread this morning as I was drying my hair. So excited. This venue looks great! And perfect for the time of year. Just created an account with Kimpton, requested status match and waiting for Ryan to call back.

spirith20

Level 2 Member
@Matt, although the FireSky is a great resort, their are definitely better restaurants to explore while here in Scottsdale and the Phoenix area. Perhaps people will want to make a group(s) reservations while attending. I'd like to suggest Chelsea's Kitchen, The Henry, POMO, Blanco and AZ88 just to name a few. Happy to help organize if needed.

Matt

Administrator
Staff member
@Matt, although the FireSky is a great resort, their are definitely better restaurants to explore while here in Scottsdale and the Phoenix area. Perhaps people will want to make a group(s) reservations while attending. I'd like to suggest Chelsea's Kitchen, The Henry, POMO, Blanco and AZ88 just to name a few. Happy to help organize if needed.
Great - maybe something for one of the other threads - meetups etc?

PatMike

Level 2 Member
...or Tahsir can order carry-out again !

PatMike

Level 2 Member
Holy, guacamole. That was fast! Glad I was refreshing this thread this morning as I was drying my hair. So excited. This venue looks great! And perfect for the time of year. Just created an account with Kimpton, requested status match and waiting for Ryan to call back.
" Holy guacamole" is the perfect response from Maria Sangria !

Matt

Administrator
Staff member
Kimpton is FAST! Sent a status match email this morning and just got an email back - Welcome to the Inner Circle. :)
Yet again, I sit here like chopped liver, WHY!! DYKWIA!!!

I had the crappiest status though.. I just reactivated SPG Gold via Amex Plat, have a lingering Hyatt Platinum (from a now cancelled Hyatt Visa) and HH gold from a canceled Surpas from ages ago...

pstlb

Level 2 Member
When registration opened, I was at Family Dollar attempting to solve a major snafu with my Serve load. Seems they took my money-- $495-- but now can't find it, not at Serve or Incomm or OneVanilla. But worse yet, I didn't get to register before it was sold out! Is there any wait list for tickets?

Matt

Administrator
Staff member

PointsCentric

Level 2 Member
I'm excited I was able to get tickets for this one as I struck out on CLT.

Matt, it seems like you have most things covered but my cousin owns Crust Pizza & Wine Cafe which is 3 miles from Firesky. If we need anything at all, he will help us out (possible dinner spot Saturday for some people if interested 0r have it brought in to the hotel?). It's good food too - we both grew up on Long Island from a big Italian family so he brought a little NY pizza down to the southwest.