Last minute award availability on CX

MLH

Level 2 Member
Yes, I would say definitely a better product. But up to you if it's worth whatever additional time/effort the connection in Tokyo brings. I'm not sure what product they have for TYO-BKK and if this sector is operated from NRT or HND.
Assuming the connection time doesn't affect overall journey too much, and you don't need to schlep across Tokyo to change airports, I would personally take JL F over CX J. Given the impending increase in F costs, I'd much rather lock in the certain gain than wait out CX and hope! Just my personal choice though.
I went ahead and booked it after reading the FT thread on the topic. New route is MSP-LGA/JFK-NRT-BKK. For those wondering, there was no Fee involved for changing the routing. Origin/Destination stayed the same but connections and date changed.
We'll get in to BKK the same time we would have with CX J and it doesn't involve changing b/n NRT/HND. The NRT-BKK flight is only 2 classes so its more J than F, but the long JFK-NRT is F and that's what I'm most interested in.

Now to figure out the return. I'll start a different thread so I'm not just taking over this one =)

MLH

Level 2 Member
I take back everything good I've ever said about the NZ AA reps. Finally saw 2 CX F seats close in, called to NZ to book, rep sees them but starts prattling on about the different options for HKG-BKK and by the time I get him back on track and we finalize everything the 2 seats aren't available any longer. Ugh!

NEPIC

Level 2 Member
Ugh indeed. I've had this happen before in the time it takes to call US Airways and wait for an agent, but frustrating I know! All the agents I've ever talked were most efficient - I guess you just struck out with someone who was too interested in helping.