CU/Bank with Fastest ACH Pull/Push

007shinobi

Anybody with experience with State Farm Bank? I only have one data point and that it takes 1 day and it posted at night. But that was 2011. Of course, the fund availability disclosure does not match that statement.

007shinobi

I wouldn't mess with GoBank on anything more than you need to in order to liquidate your Wally loads. They are quite sensitive to shenanigans.

Maybe I'm missing something here, OP... So for the sake of a day or two, couldn't you just double or triple up on your ACHs? (as in -- get two or three additional banks / CUs and use them for additional ACHs?)

If you are that pressed for cash flow, then get some 0% BT money and add that in to the mix. $10K at 2% fee and 0% interest is $200 that you can use for most of a year. There are other cash flow increasing methods also -- various 0% fee & low interest rate CCs, PLOC, various floats on prepaid debits...

Also, PenFed and USAA post transfers immediately, so you could use them as intermediate hubs as you juggle things back and forth (I'm not suggesting kiting -- just using the immediate transfer as a way to help with cashflow and slower transfers from other institutions -- basically having PenFed / USAA soak up the missing money in the float rather than having you have to do it).

Again, maybe I'm missing something...

DB
So basically PenFed and USAA are as fast as each other as a ach hub? Except that USAA has the ability to ach push to an account without verification and PenFed doesn't? Is PenFed's limit now $2500 per a day (after 6 month membership period)?

DebentureBoy

Level 2 Member
They are not "fast", they just credit your account immediately. Their's a subtle difference.

I've got $5K per day with PenFed. It's a bit of a pain (low amount), but oh, well. It's not like I quit them over it...

I can't say what USAA's limit is. I guess I haven't reached it, didn't try.

As for ACH speed, I don't know anyone that's faster than Alliant.

007shinobi

They are not "fast", they just credit your account immediately. Their's a subtle difference.

I've got $5K per day with PenFed. It's a bit of a pain (low amount), but oh, well. It's not like I quit them over it...

I can't say what USAA's limit is. I guess I haven't reached it, didn't try.

As for ACH speed, I don't know anyone that's faster than Alliant.
So basically when you perform an ach pull either using USAA or PenFed, your account will have the balance credited instantly but they actually haven't received the funds yet? Apparently USAA can perform ach pushes without verification(meaning you can basically do person to person transfers if you have a person's account number and routing number). Does PenFed have something like this? And, I'm guessing you cannot raise your limit in PenFed like you can with USAA. Thanks for the info.

007shinobi

I always use Alliant as my "Hub" for transferring funds between all my accounts. Just throwing my 2 cents out there, lately I've been noticing PayPal funds transfer to bank accounts have been getting faster. I put in a requesto n Monday and it was in my account Tuesday evening.
What are paypal daily limits?