Citi DoubleCash

arathorn

Level 2 Member
Link

Looks like unlimited 2% cash back.

Any more details on this? Found the link on FT, but don't find any mention of it otherwise when searching around.

Last edited by a moderator:

PainCorp

Level 2.14 on Dining/Travel until 12/15
Interesting....

If only it wasn't Shittibank, and had 0% FTF.

I still prefer the Discover Escape, but it is Discover, so it doesn't have as wide of an acceptance, the one thing that will keep me from getting it, but it does have 0% FTF, with a $60AF, something I would gladly pay to Citi for having this card with 0% FTF.

Last edited:

goals^n^dreams

Level 2 Member
Link

Wow... it is interested. Love it so much! Does anyone have opinion :)

Introducing the NEW Citi® Double Cash Card.
It's the only card that earns you cash back twice
on every purchase with:

1% when you buy

+1% as you pay

No annual fee

0% Intro APR for 15 months on purchases and balance transfers; after that the variable APR will be 12.99% – 22.99% based on your creditworthiness.

Balance transfer fee: either $5 or 3% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater.

pstlb

Level 2 Member
Just applied for this card. CSR said it was a MC with chip and signature. 1% CB on purchase, 1% CB on payment, no annual fee. CSR had not heard of this until I called for reconsideration, had to look up benefits. No sign up bonus as this time, ftf of 3%, no balance transfer fee or balance fees for 15 months. Worth a shot, but only got $3.1k credit limit as I have several other Citi cards. I will be out of country when this arrives, so can't give any further info, but 2% on MC is good for me. Cash is good for statement credit, gift cards of check.

pstlb

Level 2 Member
Got this card today, application approved. Will keep you posted, but sounds as good, or better than the Fidelity AmEx 2%.

NickPFD

Mmmm.... yeah....
Staff member
Do you have to have a balance to get that second 1%? Could you just pay them $5K without actually buying anything, get 1%, and get them to issue you a credit refund? Obviously Citi's not going to like that and will probably shut you down pretty quickly but darn it I'm curious.

pstlb

Level 2 Member
Do you have to have a balance to get that second 1%? Could you just pay them $5K without actually buying anything, get 1%, and get them to issue you a credit refund? Obviously Citi's not going to like that and will probably shut you down pretty quickly but darn it I'm curious.
Now that's what I call thinking outside the box.:)

F

Fuerza

Wonder if I can downgrade my Citi AA Exe card to this. I just made my final $7500 purchase for the bonus and was thinking about canceling before the annual fee hits. Only have a few days left.

Voyaging Doc

Level 2 Member
sounds like a way better deal than fidelity since this is an MC and not amex. makes barclay arrival look worse with the annual fee and limitations on redemptions, though you would be missing out on the 10% redemption bonus

HTaufReisen

Level 2 Member
Purchases do not include items returned for credit, balance transfers, cash advances, interest and account fees.

Link

Not a word about our favorite tools....

alymae1010

Level 2 Member
Wonder if I can downgrade my Citi AA Exe card to this. I just made my final $7500 purchase for the bonus and was thinking about canceling before the annual fee hits. Only have a few days left.
Everything I've read is that you can't do a PC until September 7th.

ChiliPalmer

Look at me.
There were a lot of questions about whether all of the bonuses with the BofA card really applied to get those good numbers.

Has anyone verified?

greek2me

Level 2 Member
My state is not yet eligible for this new program, but I confirmed with BofA rep you will get 2.625% on all charges. My current BofA card with them gets 2% plus add'l 0.1% bonus at y/e and I was praying they'd do the 75% bonus on that total. But they said the 75% is actually "up to 75%" on the base 1.5% CB card and given I am already getting part of the "up to 75% bonus" I will get capped at the 2.625% total cap (and no y/e extra 0.1%). Still makes me smile in anticipation of the nice bump from 2.1% to 2.625% CB.
Oops sorry Matt, finished typing before I saw your post above- please move to appropriate forum as necessary.

El Ingeniero

Level 2 Member
What do y'all use a 2% CB card for? Only uses I can think of are unbonused daily spend

Mod Edit - pulled thread into L1. Cleaned post for general consumption.

PainCorp

You can't PC within the first year, after one year you can.

PainCorp

sounds like a way better deal than fidelity since this is an MC and not amex. makes barclay arrival look worse with the annual fee and limitations on redemptions, though you would be missing out on the 10% redemption bonus
And the 0%FTF which most people miss when comparing the two. You go international a few times a year and that can pay for the AF in the FTFs.

ChiliPalmer

Look at me.
FYI - I have a Citi AA card that had the annual fee come up, so I just called to try to convert to this. Couldn't. Not available in their system yet.

Rather than let my CL die, I converted to a ThankYou card, and I'll convert later potentially.

HTaufReisen

Level 2 Member
Barclays, Fidelity, now Citi - this makes it 50% easier to raise some cash or erase fees from buying tons of Staples GC etc.
Plus IF one bank cancels your a/c you still have some nice back-up. Start slowly but 3 cards of each = 9x at 10K a month gets one close to a nice round number.
30-40K more MO's sounds not great but should be doable - it's a bottleneck....

arathorn

Level 2 Member
Looks like the Dividend card was replaced by the Double Cash card -- links to the Dividend card redirect to the Double Cash page now. Too bad, the Dividend was a good category card, esp. since the limits applied to the full year, not a specific quarter.