Chase UR points and transfer partners

Barefootwoman

Level 2 Member
I was just in the Chase UR site and did not find a way under the pull down menu for using points, to transfer points to transfer partners.

I called Chase and spoke with a supervisor. She said Chase has no UR hotel transfer partners and even when I explained about the lack of a transfer option on the menu, she seemed to be clueless. I called Chase UR (instead of the card people) and they told me they only help with booking travel, that the banking people are the ones that help with using points.

Whatever....it's news to me that Chase has no hotel transfer partners.

Anyone? curious if any of you still get an option under the pull down menu to do a transfer?

Cmonman76

Level 2 Member
I transfer all the time. You should see Hyatt, Marriott and IHG as transfer partners on the UR website. Keep clicking around.

Mountain Trader

Level 2 Member
I was just in the Chase UR site and did not find a way under the pull down menu for using points, to transfer points to transfer partners.

I called Chase and spoke with a supervisor. She said Chase has no UR hotel transfer partners and even when I explained about the lack of a transfer option on the menu, she seemed to be clueless. I called Chase UR (instead of the card people) and they told me they only help with booking travel, that the banking people are the ones that help with using points.

Whatever....it's news to me that Chase has no hotel transfer partners.

Anyone? curious if any of you still get an option under the pull down menu to do a transfer?
Do you have either an Ink or Sapphire card attached to that UR account?

Barefootwoman

Level 2 Member
I have Chase Ink Business Cash and Chase Sapphire (regular only)

also Chase Freedom (not premium I assume) and of course Chase branded hotel cards, etc.

PS - thanks for the info here. Kinda weird that the people who answer the phones at Chase Rewards don't know the program basics....I am still learning, but its not my job lol

heavenlyjane

Level 2 Member
Did you sign on using your business or personal Chase profile? It's possible that the travel portal looks different if you do not sign onto your business profile.

italdesign

Level 2 Member
I have Chase Ink Business Cash and Chase Sapphire (regular only)

also Chase Freedom (not premium I assume) and of course Chase branded hotel cards, etc.
Indeed, none of your cards allows transfer. The only way* to get one of the premium cards is if you're under 5/24 or pre-approved in branch/Chase.com. But I believe you can still transfer your points to the UR acct of someone else who has the premium card (note there are restrictions on whether they can then transfer into your FFP acct).

* or if you're Matt.

GetawaysRus

Level 2 Member
Congratulations on avoiding annual fees. Annual fees are the bane of miles and points junkies. But if you now want the ability to transfer those hard-earned UR points, you'll need to pony up and get a premium Ultimate Rewards card (with an annual fee, unfortunately). I view annual fees as the cost of doing business in this hobby. I dislike paying fees, but I feel that the benefits I get outweigh the fees.

Hopefully you are familiar with the Chase 5/24 rule mentioned in the post above. So to start, you'll need to check your 5/24 status. If you don't know how to do that, search Saverocity on the term "Chase Journey." You can check your 5/24 status using Chase Journey, Credit Karma, or by getting a credit report from one of the major credit reporting agencies (are you entitled to a free annual credit report from Experian, Equifax, or TransUnion?). Chase has gotten quite stringent.

You should also know that Chase will generally extend individuals a certain amount of credit that (I think) is tied to your income level and FICO score. You already have several Chase cards (including some airline and/or hotel cards also.) So if Chase balks at extending more credit to you, you may be able to get approval for an additional account by moving your credit limits around.

Also, if I have to cancel a Chase credit card, I always ask the representative to move the credit limit on the account I am closing to one of my other Chase cards. That way, I maintain my full credit line with Chase.

Barefootwoman

Level 2 Member
Obviously I have some considerations to make here, since the points are apparently worth more when these other options are available. I currently have 200K worth of "points" on these accounts.

I really appreciate the comments and help provided in response to my questions.

Cmonman76

Level 2 Member
If you are over 5/24 then I would call chase and pc the chase sapphire to a premium card. CSP or I know some people who pc'd to the CSR because of the value of the benefits.

smjd

Level 2 Member
Yep, Hyatt is definitely a hotel partner, and their best one as well! You need to product change the Sapphire to Sapphire Preferred(Reserve) or apply for the CSP/CSR if you're below 5 new personal cards in the last 24 months.