Booking flights, starting at the beginning- help needed

Annie H.

Egalatarian
How do you get 1.25 Avios/MR with the Gold, did I miss something?
I finally figured out where I got the 1.25 rate-- I know I was wrong but it was bugging me where I'd seen that number it's reg. purchases for the British Airways Visa Signature® Card. Now that you guys have turned me into an Aviosaholic I think I need to get that card or a Starwood or a...:).

Chase wouldn't give me any retention offers today for my UA MP so I closed it-- and reallocated CL. Barclays is playing hardball--I guess they're always like that and won't do CLI without a HP so I reallocated. I think maybe SO needs an Ink?

Annie H.

Egalatarian
Everyone needs an Ink!
#enabler

I chickened out a couple months ago when I started and applied for a UA Biz.

I had to call Alaska to get seat assignments for the flights I booked through BA today (nice to know about the 24 hr Cooling Off) and Alaska told me my baggage allowance would be determined by BA rules. I'm pretty sure that's not true, is it? Since we're flying puddle jumpers we're concerned about overhead storage to say nothing about a tower only staffed 13 hrs/day.

Annie H.

Egalatarian
Before this thread dies... is there a way to keep the Amex website open (despite clicking around it kept closing for security reasons) while on was on long phone call w/BA and then I had to make agent wait while I reclogged in, got to proper place and transferred MRs.?

asthejoeflies

Staff member
I just keep the site open, have my password keyed in, and just hit "enter" as soon as the agent picks up. That way it loads while we talk.

Plus, for how long they make us wait they can stand to wait a minute! :)

Annie H.

Egalatarian
I just keep the site open, have my password keyed in, and just hit "enter" as soon as the agent picks up. That way it loads while we talk.

Plus, for how long they make us wait they can stand to wait a minute! :)
Once I got connected--through the regular number, the express one kept ringing busy-- for some reason, even though he was able to confirm availability it took the agent forever to complete everything so he could confirm the 18,000 Avios.--almost 15 minutes. Amex site kept logging me out. I tried to stay logged in and thought I had it beat because I kept asking it to re-calculate the number of Avios but that didn't work. Then I couldn't remember the sequence to the transfer avios link. BA agent was very patient and polite. Thanks!