BOA Product Change Leads to Free Points

Ja350z

Level 2 Member
I've had a Bank of America CC sitting in my drawer for almost 10 years now. Happened to be in a branch and catch a glimpse of their marketing for available CC's. Later I called CSR & asked if there were any better CC products they could offer me. She offered to do a product change to the BOA Travel Rewards Card.
Oddly enough, AFTER the card arrived in the mail I received a pre approval offer for the same exact card...with a 15,000 point bonus after $1000 spend.
I contacted a CSR over the phone and explained I just got this card & am not seeing the points reflected on my account (I had spent $0 in my sock drawer). She seemed insistent on knowing where/how I'd been "promised" this offer. As BRIEF as possible (see video) I suggested that a CSR in branch had mentioned it to me in addition to the marketing materials they had sent me. She apologized for the inconvenience & said she would look into it.

Earlier this week 15,0000 points posted for $0 spend!

R

RamboAroundTheWorld

You know, I just changed out of my Virgin Atlantic card to this card. I think I'll mention this as well as I just got the same mailer from them.

Last edited by a moderator:
R

RamboAroundTheWorld

Just wanted to report that I was successful with this as well. Took some doing though.

Annie H.

Egalatarian
I have an FIA Visa card, my oldest card that's been sock drawered forever. AFAIK it's only a 1x card unless things have changed. Today I just got this offer: Congratulations! You have successfully activated this holiday offer. Simply use your card at these qualifying stores and earn 5% cash back (up to $25) through December 31, 2014:*

Book stores • Toy stores • Electronics stores • Sporting goods stores • Department stores

Pretty puny--$500 spend. and $25 whole bucks. Wonder if anything might be jumping on the Merrill Accolades, my most hated card, good for absolutely nothing except lowering my credit score and CLs on other cards when my "personal banker" applied for it without my knowledge. 15K points for BOA Travel Rewards sounds interesting....

Zooter

Level 2 Member
Premium Supporter
Today I just got this offer: Congratulations! You have successfully activated this holiday offer. Simply use your card at these qualifying stores and earn 5% cash back (up to $25) through December 31, 2014:*

Book stores • Toy stores • Electronics stores • Sporting goods stores • Department stores

Pretty puny--$500 spend. and $25 whole bucks.
I got a similar offer on my dormant BOA Power Rewards card, except that it was for 4 bonus points per dollar (on top of the normal 1x to make it 5x) up to 2500 bonus points. So in total it would be $31.25 for $625 in spend.

I will spend it on Best Buy Visa Gift cards.

NickPFD

Mmmm.... yeah....
Staff member
Pretty puny--$500 spend. and $25 whole bucks. Wonder if anything might be jumping on the Merrill Accolades, my most hated card, good for absolutely nothing except lowering my credit score and CLs on other cards when my "personal banker" applied for it without my knowledge. 15K points for BOA Travel Rewards sounds interesting....
Annie, are you able to transfer points from a Fidelity Amex with the Accolades card? I wrote about this a while ago but info is hard to come by:
http://saverocity.com/pfdigest/can-get-avios-fidelity-amex/

Annie H.

Egalatarian
Annie, are you able to transfer points from a Fidelity Amex with the Accolades card? I wrote about this a while ago but info is hard to come by:
http://saverocity.com/pfdigest/can-get-avios-fidelity-amex/
Thanks for this, I need to look into it. Only reason I even keep the Accolades is because they waived the fee for life when I threatened to sue (I should have) but a few months ago they removed the lounge access feature from the card because I don't have a Merrill account. BFD 1%, same as my FIA account. I'm still waiting to see what shakes out when BofA totally takes over the FIA processing.
I'm an Avios noob and I do love 'em even though I haven't spent any yet, just got 18K refunded.