AmEx Bus Gold - 75K + annual fee waived

MilesAddict

Level 2 Member
Saw this on DoctorofCredit yesterday: http://www.doctorofcredit.com/american-express-business-gold-up-to-75000-membership-rewards-points-annual-fee-waived/

Was able to snag one by refreshing (a large number of times) using Chrome incognito.

It originally came back with a "Call us at this number during business hours" message, but then an approval came via email a few hours later.

This is great for me as I have been planning on cancelling my Bus Plat in January after getting the $200 reimbursement for 2015. Now I can leave build up my MR balance and hold it there for flexibility (for a year, at least).

Hope it's useful to others...

Bill U

Level 2 Member
Saw this on DoctorofCredit yesterday: http://www.doctorofcredit.com/american-express-business-gold-up-to-75000-membership-rewards-points-annual-fee-waived/

Was able to snag one by refreshing (a large number of times) using Chrome incognito.

It originally came back with a "Call us at this number during business hours" message, but then an approval came via email a few hours later.

This is great for me as I have been planning on cancelling my Bus Plat in January after getting the $200 reimbursement for 2015. Now I can leave build up my MR balance and hold it there for flexibility (for a year, at least).

Hope it's useful to others...
Just finished applying for AmexGold Busi: got the 75,000 after short call to Amex rep. Very easily done.

druiddation

Level 2 Member
The first day I saw that link I tried over and over and only saw the 25 and 50k offers. The next day I finally got the 75k offer after clicking 'Incognito this tab' a few times.

I also got the "Call us at this number during business hours" but when I called that number they said I had the wrong department and transferred me and the call dropped. Instead of calling back I checked http://www.americanexpress.com/myappstatus and it said I was approved.

niehaubs

Level 2 Member
Ditto, refreshed about 5 or 6 times, got the offer, applied, saw the message to call or check online. The online check said approved.

ACL

Level 2 Member
I think I got lucky on this one... received an invite for the 75k offer for only $2k in spend. Jumped on it and was actually kind of surprised they approved it. Hoping to get the 100k Plat sometime next year.

Mountain Trader

Level 2 Member
After a lot of tries over an hour, all we could get was 50k offer. I've reached this point with Amex before and wound up with nothing as I waited too long for the best offer. So we sent in the 50k app for my wife. Went under review, then got an approval email 30 seconds later.

Went out for a few hours and after we came home, I went back to see what offer would come up (after clearing cookies). It was the 75k on the first shot. Applied for me-same approval drill-under review, followed by email approval.

We each listed each other as AUs, and we had 4 UPS letter packs with the cards on our door a couple of days later.

Reactions: ACL
F

Fuerza

I had a mailer offer for 75k MR BRG and the offer was pulled when I lost my OBC. I'm nervous about applying for Amex cards now.

sriki

Level 2 Member
I got the 75k offer the first time I used Firefox private mode. It went to review. Then, I tried to get it in IE private mode and only got 50k. Then, I tried again in Firefox and got the 75k immediately.?appkied for the wife which also went to review. Woke up to two approvals. Not a bad day for a AOR. 7 applied with 5 approvals, 1 reject (surprise Barclays) and 1 pending (again Barclays) in the last 30 days.

kelcells

Level 2 Member
Just approved over the phone for the 75k offer using the code from the Doctor of Credit article linked above. Was unable to generate the 75k link from any combination of computers, browsers, phones etc and honestly the phone application process is quite painless and took less than 20 minutes door to door.

MilesJunkie

Level 1.66 Member
Congrats.

For those unable to get the offer online, I've found way better success using incognito or private viewing on Chrome, IE, and FF going to americanexpress.com then clicking onto Small Business Cards links. The offer will then be displayed. Each time you load will give you a different offer. This was how I got the offer for my SO and myself after 10-20 attempts each.

Good luck!

Last edited:

kelcells

Level 2 Member
I had a mailer offer for 75k MR BRG and the offer was pulled when I lost my OBC. I'm nervous about applying for Amex cards now.
Just approved over the phone for the 75k offer using the code from the Doctor of Credit article linked above. Was unable to generate the 75k link from any combination of computers, browsers, phones etc and honestly the phone application process is quite painless and took less than 20 minutes door to door.
Forgot to add, I had my OBC cancelled in late October. Approval over the phone within 30 seconds and no mention of the OBC.

italdesign

Level 2 Member
Anyone succeed in the last few days, either online or on the phone? Only getting 25 and 50K offers after 120+ incognito windows.

Maverick17

Level 2 Member
I tried a bunch about a week ago. No joy. Took the 50k with no annual fee, and might try to SM for the 75k and hope the annual fee stays off.

oso

Level 2 Member
I got the 50k mailer. I called in but phone rep wouldn't up it to 75k. And no luck getting it to come up on the browser this past week. Just got a platinum card though, to take advantage of the airline credits

Maverick17

Level 2 Member
Slightly OT here, but I did get this card as I mentioned above. Anyone know if you can add an Amex business card to personal online account that is existing? Or do I have to set up a second online account for biz cards? TIA for any answers. First Amex biz for me, and dreading the Club Carlson and HHonors card experience with multiple accounts that I forget about.

Last edited:

oso

Level 2 Member
I tried a bunch about a week ago. No joy. Took the 50k with no annual fee, and might try to SM for the 75k and hope the annual fee stays off.
Please post back if any success on the SM. Earlier this year, they wouldn't give me bonus points on the personal PRG because I was already an amex account holder. Screenshots, SM, etc. didn't work. Wish you luck!

druiddation

Level 2 Member
Slightly OT here, but I did get this card as I mentioned above. Anyone know if you can add an Amex business card to personal online account that is existing? Or do I have to set up a second online account for biz cards? TIA for any answers. First Amex biz for me, and dreading the Club Carlson and HHonors card experience with multiple accounts that I forget about.
Yes, they added this business card to my existing personal online account.

grebel

Level 2 Member
The Refresh method worked for me last week. Igognito mode +20 refreshes. App was pending review, but a few minutes later it was approved. Just waiting for my packet in the mail.

italdesign

Level 2 Member
Finally got 75K to come up, and I figured out what I did wrong. I have been overseas and even after 150+ new incognito windows could not produce 75K. But after I VPN'ed into my company's network, got 75k on first try!

Like many, got "Your application is pending review. Please call us." Yet when I checked the status page from upthread, it is approved already.

grebel

Level 2 Member
I lucked out and was on Topcashback on 12/31 when they did a flash 2.25% cash back deal. the deal was only live for 24 hours. Made my minimum spend on my Everyday card with one click of the mouse...

Got incognito to work as well... now hoping for cashback on Amex GCs to go up!

druiddation

Level 2 Member
Looks like now they have 75k after 5k spend in 3 months. I haven't met my 10k spend yet so I guess I'll see if they'll honor their latest deal.

Eric

I called Amex but the representative wouldn't increase it to 75k. I tried the Chrome incognito method though and it worked. Thanks for the great suggestion!

Haley

I am not a robot
Logged in to account, hit link to business at the top, the arrow/graph icon. Offer showed at the top right where the blue links to various things (see all cards) show up. Do not click through to any explore links, click on offer. If I just go to the page that shows all cards other, lesser, offers show up.

I'm on an iOS device and in Safari, not in incognito.

I have had it show up every time, maybe I'm targeted.

druiddation

Level 2 Member
I sent a secure message saying that I signed up for 75k bonus after $10k spend in 3 months and now see the same offer with $5k spend in 3 months. Their reply was: The offer on the card is based on the time when you apply for the card and It is not possible for us to change the offer. It seems like Amex has matched better deals in the past. Chase definitely has. I'm close to the $10k spending so probably won't bother following up. My message seems to have come from India customer service. Might have better result calling or chatting during normal business hours.

HariOm

Transcendent Level
Logged in to account, hit link to business at the top, the arrow/graph icon. Offer showed at the top right where the blue links to various things (see all cards) show up.
Ditto, except had to hit "menu" at the top to get the business arrow/graph icon to show, then the offer came up.

sriki

Level 2 Member
I had an old account for a personal card that was also closed a while ago. I successfully added the biz gold card to that account

dshah9380

Level 2 Member
From my experience-You can add on same login to add multiple cards. I have 3 amex cards (2 personal and 1 Biz) on my profile.