Here’s my Top 10, it’s a bit flawed since the points back in days of yore (or every two week period if you fly Delta) were worth more.
American Express Business Platinum 150K
- This card frequently seems to come with 100K offers, but the most I have seen has been 150K – while targeted, when it does do the rounds it appears to show up on eBay.. I have no idea if you can buy the invite and get approved or not.
Chase Sapphire Preferred 100K
- Back in 2012 the CSP offered 100,000 bonus points for $500 in spend in three months…
American Airlines 100K AAdvantage
- The Executive Card offered this as recently as this year but back in 2010 100K was available on the lower end cards too. The business and personal visa (with fees waived) offered 50K on the first $750, and another 50K after $10K in 12 months.
British Airways 100K Avios
- This offer came around a couple of times, and was last seen this year.
CapitalOne Venture Card 110K
- After an initial 10K signup bonus, Crapitalone had a matching policy. The first time it came around you just showed you had 100K miles from another card and they gave you 100K, the next time you had to show actual spend (they obviously wised up..)
Ink Bold 80k
- Comes around every 6 months or so, targeted offer.
Amex PRG (Gold) 75K
- Comes around every few months it seems.
Delta Amex 100K
- Offered in 2013 to Seattle area residents.
Citi Thank You 15K
- This card offered 5x Thank you points for the first 12 months at Gas, Grocery and Drugstores.
American Express Blue Cash
- This card offers you 5% cash back on spend in Gas, Grocery and Drug Stores for anything over $6500 per year. Though don’t go too big on that….
Watch out for ‘better than crap’ offers
Most of these offers are now dead. Perhaps you could say I just wasted your time by (forcing you via eloquent penmanship) to read this post. But if you want to take something from this, you can compare these offers with what you see as screaming deals, and have a little perspective. It is a common sales tactic to compare a slightly better offer to the crapper one before – EG The Ink 50K offer was crushed by the epic 60K offer, which in turn was demolished by the blazing 70K offer – yet both are below what some people are getting.
You should note that some offers are targeted to an individual, but sometimes with some sweet talking you get yourself matched into that. It especially helps if there is an offer code to reference.
Did I miss any out here? Let me know if you are aware of better offers and I’d be happy to update the list. Note, from this, the only one I regret not getting is the 15K TYP offer…by far the best of this bunch.