Your favorite places

Dante

My favorite is anywhere but here! My snowblower is in the shop and there's already a few inches on the ground and more coming today.

I am not rich (although my kids think otherwise) so the amount of money available for a trip varies. The worst thing is to go to an expensive place and overspend, like my expensive trip to Switzerland last year when the Swiss Frank was crazy high. In contrast, Bermuda in September was amazing, it was expensive but I was prepared for it, Horseshoe Bay is is most beautiful beach I've been to, pink sandy beaches.... sigh! oh well, back to the snow!

Last edited:

cavil

Level 2 Member
y Bermuda in September was amazing, it was expensive but I was prepared for it, Horseshoe Bay is is most beautiful beach I've been to, pink sandy beaches.... sigh! oh well, back to the snow!
Totally agree with you about Horseshoe Bay. I remember wading in thigh deep water and having large, blue tropical fish swimming around my legs while scores of magnificent Bermuda longtails were flying overhead. The place is magical.

singerbabe

Level 2 Member
Golden Beach - Paros, Greek Cyclades
Paris anytime, but especially late Nov - early Dec
Venice in March
Lago Maggiore - Northern Italy
Siena, always and forever
Széchenyi Thermal Bath in Budapest
Prague's Jewish Quarter - Old/New Synagogue
L'Isle-sur-la-Sorgue - Provence
Manhattan - Hyatt Times Square

Sigh.

Billiken

Level 2 Member
Guess it would be:

Munich/Bavaria (trip this upcoming Dec will be 3rd year in a row)
San Francisco
Chile

TaraL

Level 2 Member
My first trip ever was to Amsterdam...it is still my favorite place. I was young, did not have much money and was lucky to meet some amazing locals and had a great time. Second favorite has to be Disney World. As a child, growing up in Serbia, every time I watched Mickey Mouse Club I would promise myself that I would go there one day. I do, every year.

the_kid_55

Level 2 Member
I love Paris. I went by myself and I made friends with other tourists and a few locals who showed me around.

I want to check out Rio de Janeiro for Carnival.