When to apply for more

NotYouTu

Level 2 Member
So, I got the CSP about a month ago, hit min spend in under 3 weeks. No MS, just regular spend and one business trip. I have the Arrival+ on the way, should arrive this week. I should be able to hit min spend on it in less than 2 months by moving all spending (except dining/travel) over to it.

I still want to apply for the Freedom and the Ink Plus. How long should I wait before I apply for them? My credit score has taken a hit from the new accounts/pulls (dropped about 20 points), should I wait for that to recover?

SanDiego1K

Level 2 Member
The CSP, Freedom, and Ink Plus are all from the same bank. Be careful to spread out your applications, even if your credit score was very strong. I'd look at 3 to 4 months between applications.

Voyaging Doc

Level 2 Member
Agree with others. 3-4 months for chase. Your score will go up in that point but I think it's moreso the actual credit inquiries and extended credit by the same bank that probably factors in more. I've signed up for multiple chase at the same time and wasn't worth the effort and hassle because I had to go into very in-depth explanations on why I wanted to sign up for 2 at the same time. Thankfully I had plausible reasons but it was a near-30 minute interrogation into my spending habits, employment, etc.

jleey98

Level 2 Member
Agree with others. 3-4 months for chase. Your score will go up in that point but I think it's moreso the actual credit inquiries and extended credit by the same bank that probably factors in more. I've signed up for multiple chase at the same time and wasn't worth the effort and hassle because I had to go into very in-depth explanations on why I wanted to sign up for 2 at the same time. Thankfully I had plausible reasons but it was a near-30 minute interrogation into my spending habits, employment, etc.
I remember spending an hour trying to explain why I needed a Chase Ink Plus card when I already had a Chase Ink Bold... I did use the excuse of wanting to spread payments over time. Now that I have the cards, I'm probably not going to let them go, especially cause they keep waiving the annual fee for me and I like the MS spending power I have with the Bold during the time when an OfficeMax deal comes up (I don't like the idea of cycling Chase credit lines)...

Voyaging Doc

Level 2 Member
I remember spending an hour trying to explain why I needed a Chase Ink Plus card when I already had a Chase Ink Bold... I did use the excuse of wanting to spread payments over time. Now that I have the cards, I'm probably not going to let them go, especially cause they keep waiving the annual fee for me and I like the MS spending power I have with the Bold during the time when an OfficeMax deal comes up (I don't like the idea of cycling Chase credit lines)...
I also agree that for me the benefits of keeping my two ink bolds can use on office supply store deals well outweigh the cost of the annual fee even if I can't even get it waived. I do have the simply cash AMEX card that gets 5% back but I would much rather have Ultimate Rewards points. the only reason why I would cancel one of the inks is because my significant other also has two. another reason for me is to get the ink cash or andanother reason for me is to get the ink cash or ink plus signup bonuses. I would also probably downgrade my Chase Sapphire Preferred when the annual fee hits since I prefer inks though csp and cs are the only Chase cards that reimburse five hundred dollars per person for trip delays over 12h