What's the best (read reasonable) cell service nowadays?

LearnMS

Level 2 Member
My use of cell phone has remained minimal. I am on mint mobile now for 2 years with 2GB data/month and have been very happy with the switch. I do renew their service every year, but this time I am looking for other options.

I do see sprint 'free service' in slickdeals but feels like too many steps to follow. Also I have an old phone that doesn't support.

So my obvious question is - what's the best/reasonable/frugal/reliable alternative for mint mobile. Right now I pay $200 per year. Can any other service beat that?

TIA.

HanoiIG

Silver Member
I have been happy with T-Mobile. I'm over 55 so they have special plan but also traveling is $10/month for unlimited data so you don't always have to find wifi.

jnjustice

I have T-Mobile as well but you may want to check out Google Fi. They have varied pricing based on your needs and get coverage from both T-Mobile and Sprint. The data is pay per usage of GB but T-Mobile does have unlimited plans. Both offer international service if you travel a lot.

kuchbhi001

I have Red Pocket. They come out with special offers on Ebay. You can purchase a year's worth of service at a time. I am currently paying around $19 per month for unlimited calling, 5GB data and unlimited international calling. No international roaming, though. But I always buy a local SIM wherever I go and have never had a problem.

LearnMS

Level 2 Member
Good to know. Red pocket rates are similar to Mint. Unlimited international calling is a plus though....

Domat

Level 2 Member
Sprint deal really isn't that difficult. Did it 3 times now. You do need a sprint phone and it is a hard pull. But other then that it is surprisingly easy as long as you call the number posted on slickdeals. You will end up paying 30-40$ for 13 months. Which includes slow international roaming.

HanoiIG

Silver Member
Wow! We are on different wavelengths! 19$/month why would you change if it's OK service? I travel extensively and I know I can just get local SIM cards but I'm lazy so will probably stick with Telekom(T-Mobile)