#WestCoastDO Official Thread - Dining

Matt

Administrator
Staff member
Hey folks,

We are a month away, and I'm excited to see you all in PHX at Firesky. I really think this is going to be a tremendously fun event! We have arranged for the weather to be fabulous at this time, and as such have opted for an outdoor grilled lunch. If the weather doesn't behave, then you can still go outdoors, but the rest of us will be inside :) If all goes to plan, here is the lunch menu:

ARIZONA BBQ COOKOUT BUFFET (1-2:30pm)
  • Mixed Green Salad with Candied Pecans, Cherry Tomatoes, Red Onions served with Cilantro Ranch
  • Jicama Avocado Slaw with Roasted Peppers, Carrots, Red Cabbage and Honey Jalapeno Vinaigrette
  • Roasted Red Skin Potato Salad with Green Onions and Roasted Poblano Chili Dressing
  • Ancho Chili Marinated Smoked Beef Brisket with Garlic Herb Aioli and Chipotle Barbeque Sauce
  • Marinated Grilled Chicken Breast with Tomatillo Salsa Verde
  • Black Beans with Bacon and Onions
  • Sea Salt Rolls
  • Carmel Pecan Tart and Vanilla Ice Cream
For those of you with special requests for food, such as Vegetarian Entrees, please let me know via email to matt@saverocity.com prior to the event (as much notice as possible, you should know today if you are a veggie for the most part...) and i'll get that sorted.

RECEPTION (6:15pm-7:15pm)

This is a Wine Social hour, it was timed to start at 6:15 to allow those who wish to refresh some time, and also will flow on from the Kimpton Social Hour that runs from 5pm-6pm (Hotel Guests only).

I selected an equal number of vegetarian and non vegetarian options for this:

• Mini Beef Wellingtons
  • Wild Mushroom Chive Baklava
  • Crab Cakes
  • Pesto Chicken in Tortilla Cup
  • Cherry Tomato Bruschetta
  • Fresh Mozzarella and Cherry Tomato Skewer
  • Seared Tenderloin on Shortbread
  • Desert Blossom Spring Roll wrapped in Rice Paper
After the Reception we will have a cash bar available, and people can mingle around the various parts of the property, they have indoor and outdoor areas, including firepits to sit around, and talk shop, or whatnot and to meet new friends.

Property Map and Guide
Property Map.png

Legend/Key
  • Yellow Dot = Meeting Space for seminar
  • Green Dot = Patio area for lunch, and we return here for Reception
  • Light Blue Dot = Kimpton Happy Hour
  • Dark Blue Dot = Outdoor area with firepits
If any of this changes or needs updating i'll do so here, and also make sure that guests receive an email notification. Please feel free to ask questions below, and I look forward to seeing you next month.

Cheers,
Matt

Matt

Administrator
Staff member
Vegetarian meal request:

Mark
Ram
Kunal
---
Other
BK

If there are any others please let me know via this thread, or by email, and I will sort that out.

Last edited:

Annie H.

Egalatarian
On my recent vacation at "health" resort 30% of the folks requested gluten free. One of the big events is a really fun "adults only" game night with prizes. One of the prizes was a loaf of the "special" bread provided by the property and the joke was that all the gluten saved up during the week was in that bread!

@Matt would those be pork or lamb chops getting smacked?

Matt

Administrator
Staff member
On my recent vacation at "health" resort 30% of the folks requested gluten free. One of the big events is a really fun "adults only" game night with prizes. One of the prizes was a loaf of the "special" bread provided by the property and the joke was that all the gluten saved up during the week was in that bread!

@Matt would those be pork or lamb chops getting smacked?
Mutton Chops.

muttonchops.PNG

Reactions: Zoe

ElainePDX

Level 2 Member
@Matt -

RECEPTION (6:15pm-7:15pm)
This is a Wine Social hour, it was timed to start at 6:15 to allow those who wish to refresh some time, and also will flow on from the Kimpton Social Hour that runs from 5pm-6pm (Hotel Guests only).
After the Reception we will have a cash bar available, and people can mingle around the various parts of the property, they have indoor and outdoor areas, including firepits to sit around, and talk shop, or whatnot and to meet new friends....
The plans are really shaping up beautifully. It sure promises to be a great DO.

Quick question about the social hours. Some of us will be staying at the Firesky with friends/family who will not be attending the DO sessions. Obviously any Firesky guests will be welcome at the 5-6PM social hour. Am I correct in assuming that friends/family can hang around for the DO Reception?

Kinda hard to ask people to leave, and it sounds like the Reception will flow out all over the property, but I don't want to suggest that the non-DO attendee who will be sharing my room plan to stay for the Reception if you envisage that as DO participants only. Thanks!

Last edited:

spirith20

Level 2 Member
Matt. I'm feeling as though I missed something…what is the cost for the DO reception and where do we register for it? I'm assuming this wasn't included in the ticket price?

Thanks for the help.

Bob

Matt

Administrator
Staff member
Matt. I'm feeling as though I missed something…what is the cost for the DO reception and where do we register for it? I'm assuming this wasn't included in the ticket price?

Thanks for the help.

Bob
It's all included. The price was so tight that the presenters and myself are all paying our own admission too... and maybe i'll kick in a few bucks.

Always intended to be a great day for all, not a money maker.

Matt

Administrator
Staff member
@Matt -

The plans are really shaping up beautifully. It sure promises to be a great DO.

Quick question about the social hours. Some of us will be staying at the Firesky with friends/family who will not be attending the DO sessions. Obviously any Firesky guests will be welcome at the 5-6PM social hour. Am I correct in assuming that friends/family can hang around for the DO Reception?

Kinda hard to ask people to leave, and it sounds like the Reception will flow out all over the property, but I don't want to suggest that the non-DO attendee who will be sharing my room plan to stay for the Reception if you envisage that as DO participants only. Thanks!
Hey Elaine, sorry I missed this, it didn't show up as an alert..

It's a tricky one. The food and drink are paid for per person, so if suddenly the numbers double we will have an issue - but if there are just a couple of bodies it will slip through. So I don't want to (or can't rather) say its a free for all, however, it should only be an hour, so if there are ton of people I am sure that they can buy a drink in the bar next door and join us, and if it is a couple we could slip them in.

ElainePDX

Level 2 Member
Hey Elaine, sorry I missed this, it didn't show up as an alert..
No prob.

It's a tricky one. The food and drink are paid for per person, so if suddenly the numbers double we will have an issue - but if there are just a couple of bodies it will slip through. So I don't want to (or can't rather) say its a free for all, however, it should only be an hour, so if there are ton of people I am sure that they can buy a drink in the bar next door and join us, and if it is a couple we could slip them in.
Actually this is just the guidance I need. Thanks. I hope everyone with SOs at the Firesky sees it, or perhaps you could make a gentle announcement during the actual sessions, so we will all know.

I am not even sure my cousin will be around, but I'd be happy to give you what it will cost to cover a couple of extra people, if that will help.

badah

Level 2 Member
Matt sorry for the delayed response, but if the veg list can add me, I'd appreciate it. No worries if things are too far along, though, doesn't look like I'll starve...