via Bowtie Amex Hilton Surpass is at 80k

DL172

Level 2 Member
Now that you phrased it that way, this card doesn't sound that great anymore. Lol
To be honest it would be a free night at a hotel normally going for at least north of $300. The best usage of hilton points is at the very low end. The hampton inn jacksonville is only 10k/night.

Or you could get a suite at the Hampton inn which includes

" a large work desk, a coffeemaker and free WiFi access to allow you to stay connected when on the road. The bathroom contains plush towels and a shower featuring a curved shower rod for added space and light."

The curved shower rod has me sold.

PainCorp

Level 2.14 on Dining/Travel until 12/15
I'm just waiting so I can (hopefully) upgrade this card again and get a 50k bonus with no pull.

JeffB

Level 2 Member
I got this offer and am considering it. I looked up points prices for places I usually visit and found most hotels in the 30-50k range. So I could get a couple of nights.

Paul

Level 2 Member
Alright, I am lifting this from Bowtie but The Amex Hilton Surpass is now @ 80k after 3k in spend AF of 75, not waived. This expires 2/28/2014.

https://www262.americanexpress.com/dapply/web/applycard/us/personal-card/api/hil/hilton-hhonors-surpass-card/hhsc-024?wt.mc_id=CMEM_BUfyV3B89yK-nY

So pay $75 get one night free at Hilton!

The better card is the Citi HH Reserve if all you're interested in is the signup bonus. The Reserve gets you two weekend night certs at almost any property (there are exceptions, but not many). Places like Koh Samui and Rangali Island are included (those are ~$1K a night properties). That's worth up to 190K HH (95K HH is top tier HH at peak times). $2.5K spend in 4 months. AF is $95. And a "free night" on your anniversary if you spend $10K/yr. Must use weekend certs within a year of receiving them.

I have both the Surpass and the HH Reserve - Surpass because it gets 6x at Grocery and with $40K gives Diamond. So if you MS on the card your cpp is around 0.2c, which is effectively a 50% discount (Hilton tends to price rooms and value points at 0.4c or slightly above). Have the Reserve for the easy bonus - $95 for two weekend nights can be quite a deal if used in top tier properties.