Useful BankAmeriDeal At Office Depot

Chasing The Points

Administrator
Staff member

I was targeted for a Bank of America BankAmeriDeal for Office Depot last month and I have been thinking “how can I maximize this deal”? The $15 max that you could get back was a limiting factor. What I didn’t know until a reader told me, Office Depot sells Forever stamps.

I’ve written a few times about creating 1 order per gift card so you receive enough stamps on Cardpool to generate your own free postage and get priority mail. On June 1, Cardpool now issues $.705 stamps because the bulk mail postage rates increased.

For me, I think it’s a waste to use 9 stamps to cover the $5.75 postage because you are over paying by $.595 and that could go towards your next batch of gift cards to mail out. I still recommend using 8 stamps as the new prepaid postage total would become $5.64 and you would need to pay $.11 out of pocket. When Cardpool issued $.69 stamps, I’ve stocked up on many $.20 and $.03 stamps to get the postage up to $5.75 for the flat rate envelope. At $.11, my stamps are not divisible with the denominations that I have. I now use 6 of the $.705 Cardpool stamps. This totals the postage to be $4.23 and I will use my stamps to pay the $1.52 difference. That’s a bigger difference than the original $.23 I used to pay and a lot of stamps I need to affix

The Deal

Office Depot sells Forever Stamps so I will buy 3 rolls of the 100 count stamps to maximize this offer.

I did a little digging around and found out that you can use the Forever stamp at today’s rates for up to 1 ounce. As of writing this, today’s rate of 1 Forever stamp is $.49 and you could use the Forever stamp as additional postage where required. Thus, my difference in of $1.52 I would do this: use 1 Forever stamps, 1 $.03 stamps, and 5 $.20 stamps. I will continue to do this until my stock of $.20 and $.03 stamps are used up.

I don’t mind paying for all these stamps because I know I will use them.

Continue reading...