United so/oj booking help

inakarjr36

Level 2 Member
I'm trying to book a trip from Costa Rica to Peru but can't seem to get an open jaw to work on my destination. Specifically:

Sjo-iqt and Cuz-sjo works
Sjo-iqt, iqt-lim, cuz-sjo doesn't
Sjo-iqt, lim-cuz, cuz-sjo doesn't

Any insight?

I can use avios or aa on lan within Peru but was trying to get a third flight out of it on united

Matt

Administrator
Staff member
I'm trying to book a trip from Costa Rica to Peru but can't seem to get an open jaw to work on my destination. Specifically:

Sjo-iqt and Cuz-sjo works
Sjo-iqt, iqt-lim, cuz-sjo doesn't
Sjo-iqt, lim-cuz, cuz-sjo doesn't

Any insight?

I can use avios or aa on lan within Peru but was trying to get a third flight out of it on united
Can you book every leg as a pure 1 way ticket?

Mountain Trader

Level 2 Member
I would get what you can booked online but do not finish and purchase but rather put the itin on a five day free hold. Then I would call and feed the other available flights to the csr. Some AA agents don't want to mess with clean-up cases like this and if I sense one of those, I dream up a reason to get off the call. Sometimes I HUCA two or three times.

Once they get your itin set with the right flights at the right price, you can either complete your purchase or put the res back on hold. I would start the call by saying the website wouldn't let you book the trip, and I would press this as needed to get the phone fee waived.

Matt

Administrator
Staff member
Does what apply?
It's a UA booking.

Frankly, I don't know why it shouldn't book, but haven't dived into any region rules (it feels good by what you said)

The Occam's razor approach to this issue is that UA website is just being silly again...

Mountain Trader

Level 2 Member
Sorry-I thought it was an AA booking.

For UA, I would do the same thing-book what you can online, then put it on hold. UA does not allow holds so what you have to do is select Paypal as the payment method. When the screen comes up to enter your Paypal method, one option is to put the res on hold. This hold is not five days-it may be 24 hours, I forget. Note when the hold expires.

In any event put what have on hold, then call in and spoon feed the available flights to the csr. I have never had pushback from UA agents on this as they seem to know the website has limitations. I have also always had the phone fee waived.