TSA Preheck Not On Boarding Pass

JohnnieD

Level 2 Member
Just checked in for a flight to ORD from BUF and did not get precheck on my bp. Flight is on AA and was purchsed with 4500 ba pts.(btw,one of only a handful of cities I can use 4500 pts for) Recently got Global Entry with prechek. Called up AA, got the same answer after huca x4- a random pick for regular tsa screening.

Anyone have this experience? Is this possible or was I told this just to get rid of me? They all confirmed my KTN was in the reservation.

BTW, when we signed up for Global Entry, we were told that we could have saved money by signing up for a Nexus pass. This is a quick way to cross the border (Canadian) in a car. It costs $50 AND gets you a Global Entry and PreCheck. I dont know if you can get it everywhere but it is available Niagara Falls, NY.

Matt

Administrator
Staff member
Just checked in for a flight to ORD from BUF and did not get precheck on my bp. Flight is on AA and was purchsed with 4500 ba pts.(btw,one of only a handful of cities I can use 4500 pts for) Recently got Global Entry with prechek. Called up AA, got the same answer after huca x4- a random pick for regular tsa screening.

Anyone have this experience? Is this possible or was I told this just to get rid of me? They all confirmed my KTN was in the reservation.

BTW, when we signed up for Global Entry, we were told that we could have saved money by signing up for a Nexus pass. This is a quick way to cross the border (Canadian) in a car. It costs $50 AND gets you a Global Entry and PreCheck. I dont know if you can get it everywhere but it is available Niagara Falls, NY.
I'm sure some of the more frequent flyers would know better. All I would suggest is logging into AA.com to confirm the KTN is correct?

aerovol

I vaguely remember being told in my Global Entry interview that I would not get TSA Pre Check ALL the time, but it would come to about 80%-ish (I don't remember the exact number the interviewer told me). That being said, I've flown around 11 flights and Pre Check was included on each one - there hasn't been a flight where I didn't have it but I make sure to check every time I print my boarding pass!

Hope that helps.

MarkD

Level 2 Member
I vaguely remember being told in my Global Entry interview that I would not get TSA Pre Check ALL the time, but it would come to about 80%-ish (I don't remember the exact number the interviewer told me). That being said, I've flown around 11 flights and Pre Check was included on each one - there hasn't been a flight where I didn't have it but I make sure to check every time I print my boarding pass!

Hope that helps.
Correct. We just had our GE interviews a couple of weeks ago. We were told it was not a 100% solution. There is always a small chance that you'll be selected for screening.

jmw

Level 2 Member
It's not 100%. I've gotten no Precheck a few times and even one SSSS. I'm still in GE, so it doesn't mean anything bad. If I'm flying UA or LH at ORD, the GE lines are sometimes longer than the regular line.

Josh F

Level 2 Member
Charity Forum Mod

You can get Nexus in a variety of spots on the US/Canadian Border only. If you leave near there it is a better/cheaper program than GE. It's also free for kids...

One recommendation is to make sure that your name (first, middle, last) matches perfectly against your known traveler profile and make sure your gender/DOB is correct as well. As long as this all matches up 100% and your KTN is on your reservation you should generally get Pre, but as mentioned, it's not 100% guaranteed.

JohnnieD

Level 2 Member
Thanks for all the suggestions. What I did was check all the info. BTW, these were all BA awards on AA metal. Well, it turns out that BA has my wrong birthdate (1 day) on my BA acct-never noticed before. I have used avios to fly numerous times without issue. It seems since the AA/US merger my wrong birthdate was populated onto my AA reservations causing my non-prechek. The info box with the wrong date is not editable. I was able to do do some correction on the ab site. Glad I could edit it since the pre line at ORD last night had 4 people ahead of me while the regular line had, well lets say alot.;)

Beltway Explorers

Level 2 Member
That's awesome that the change went into effect that quickly! I accidentally put my birthday on my husband's Southwest account and the system wasn't fast enough to update it with TSA when we corrected it 24 hours before our flight.