Thinking about my first 'giveaway'

Matt

Administrator
Staff member
I've been thinking recently about having a giveaway here, and have been wracking my overwracked brain for the best solution, since it no longer functions properly, I thought to ask for some input.

I don't want to do a 'leave a comment, win a voucher' giveaway because that adds no long term value to the site, I was thinking instead to perhaps run a competition where people add resources, so there is more here for people to refer to. However, I'm increasingly moving away from Level2 resources, because I kinda like the way threads are emerging in their current form. There are a couple that have evolved into powerful techniques, but the titles don't give much away.

Level 1 resources might be "United Award booking with stopover and openjaw" or "British Airways Sweetspots" - everything that is submitted stays on the site, win or lose, so it adds value, and a winner, or winners will be selected by popular vote. Was thinking maybe to allow bloggers to enter too, so you can have a go at beating them at their own game.

What do you think, would it be interesting, or is there something else that can offer better value from the giveaway?

What price point would get you interested in terms of a prize?

f0xx

Level 2 Ninja
ME ME ME ME

Oh wait... you asked questions. :p

Something small. Since I highly doubt you're generating revenue from the site due to the closed off nature. ( or are you?!? :eek: jk )

IMO. I don't think a giveaway is necessary. You've already brought us this great community.

Matt

Administrator
Staff member
ME ME ME ME

Oh wait... you asked questions. :p

Something small. Since I highly doubt you're generating revenue from the site due to the closed off nature. ( or are you?!? :eek: jk )

IMO. I don't think a giveaway is necessary. You've already brought us this great community.
I'm glad you are enjoying it :)

Just thought I'd like to see more things as resource guides within the public side, so we can not only refer to them ourselves, but also it could be part of the helping educate newbies - go read the resource on AA, then ask your question.

Sites not making much, since those damn charity minded folk made me give up my juicy CC income.

TravelDean

Say NO to road trips
A while back on a mall thread, I was going to tell you that you need to keep your word, to the mall, that you buy the $500 GCs to give to your readers ;-)
You seem like an honest guy so we want to help you stay honest and allow you to use that line with more institutions.
Sign me up!