The Forward Cabin makes a triumphant return to BoardingArea after a plagiarism suspension!

NickPFD

Mmmm.... yeah....
Staff member
Look who’s back on the Prior2Boarding homepage–it’s The Forward Cabin!

The blog was very quietly removed from the homepage a few weeks ago after yours truly broke the story of another credible plagiarism accusation. For those of you keeping up with the scandal, I’ve put together a FAQ:

Q: Has James apologized or admitted guilt?

A: No. He did take down the page that I initially noticed, however, since it was obviously copied and even he couldn’t defend it.

Q: Did BoardingArea founder Randy Petersen apologize?

A: Yes.

Q: Publicly?

A: I’m not aware of any public acknowledgment of the plagiarism scandal on his part.

Q: So are you ticked off at BoardingArea?

A: No, not at all. There are a lot of great bloggers there and I continue to read them daily. In fact, it would not surprise me one bit if James has rubbed some of his fellow BA bloggers the wrong way as well. James notwithstanding, they don’t like plagiarism any more than I do, and they’ve even published helpful advice based on their own experiences being plagiarized. Based on my correspondence with James, I get the feeling that he’s an overly ambitious, unethical, resumé-padding weenie. Those types wear out their welcome in the long run.

Q: Upon discovering your work had been stolen, why did you decide to post about it rather than to reach out behind the scenes?

A: There are different shades of gray with this stuff. If somebody ia a little bit lazy or sloppy, that’s not a big deal and I’d reach out in a friendly, non-public way. (Though I’ll note that I’ve never even had to do that before.) We’re all human, and we all make mistakes. But if he appropriates an entire post to pass off as his own, that’s another matter entirely. If somebody does that, then odds are it’s not an isolated case and raising a stink about it is the way to go.

Q: I understand multiple people have questioned your professionalism for handling things this way.

A: Yes… but then, those people would stand to benefit from my keeping quiet.

That’s all the Q&A for today, folks! Stay tuned for further developments!

Oh, and I’m blocked from following you-know-who on Twitter, so I’ll just have to imagine what he’s posting. Here’s my best guess…

The post The Forward Cabin makes a triumphant return to BoardingArea after a plagiarism suspension! appeared first on Personal Finance Digest.

Continue reading...