TBB Joining Boarding Area

• Thread starter RamboAroundTheWorld
  • Start date
R

RamboAroundTheWorld

I tried, but I couldn't afford him.
To talk about the blogs? Again, because if he's not talking about other blogs, what the [chuff] is he blogging about?

R

RamboAroundTheWorld

Maybe this should go in the Level 2 off topic. I didn't realize it earlier but that's really the target audience for this.

smittytabb

Staff member
Is this a joke?

http://travelbloggerbuzz.com/blogbuzz-click-on-all-my-links-247-big-news-tbb-joining-boarding-area-means-the-end-of-blog-buzz-sadface/

Just what in the [chuff] is he going to blog about if he's not shitting on all the blog salesmen?
With George it is always hard to know. I read his blog piece late last night and at first I did think it was a joke. I then did some Twitter research and I think it is legit. I like many of you am stunned.

Matt

Administrator
Staff member
With George it is always hard to know. I read his blog piece late last night and at first I did think it was a joke. I then did some Twitter research and I think it is legit. I like many of you am stunned.
Can you elaborate on the research part?

smittytabb

Staff member
Can you elaborate on the research part?
Ha, ha! I searched tweets looking for proof. I know, I know. It's my training. The one thing that I still have not verified is if the tweet he posted was doctored or not. Cannot prove it is legit, so the original was either deleted or he is taking us on another "wild ride". There was enough corroboration by others that I think it may hold water.

The other thing though that makes me wonder is he said his son was going to Stanford. I thought that was cool since I have ties there as well but that was bullshit. I actually thought his son was too young to have applied and gotten in yet, but I went with it. Turns out that's a fib, so who knows? I feel less certain this morning that it is true than I did last night.

MarkD

Level 2 Member
Yawn... :cool:

Personally I'm getting tired of the whole TBB act. It's the same stuff over and over again. I'm tired of hearing about his Amazon link. I do like the pics he posts on the site though. Those are cool.

smittytabb

Staff member
Yawn... :cool:

Personally I'm getting tired of the whole TBB act. It's the same stuff over and over again. I'm tired of hearing about his Amazon link. I do like the pics he posts on the site though. Those are cool.
I really like George as a person, consider him a friend, and so I put up with his crap, which a lot of it is, but that is his schtick. It is over the top, and yes repetitive of course, but so is all the other stuff in the points and miles blogosphere. He makes me laugh, genuinely cares about his readers and the hobby and is a really nice person.

smittytabb

Staff member
I expect that it's a joke. I saw a tweet from The Deal Mommy about it.
Dia said:

"Ooooh a new toy! What fun can be had? RT @PFDigest: @FlyerTalkerinA2 Just goofing around with a fake tweet generator. http://lemmetweetthatforyou.com/"

Gotta keep an eye on those trouble-making bloggers over at Saverocity ;) !
Yeah I couldn't find the tweet on the original BA feed. I am thinking it is a hoax at this point. Not sure why he is doing this but find it fascinating that he is on THEIR ignore list and so they are doing just that, ignoring him and his current antics. This one may piss off as many people as when Ben (Lucky) said he was not going to do his session at Chicago Seminars because he was going on a mileage run and people believed him and switched seminars. It was just a joke, but people believed him because it seemed well at least possible he would do it. Sort of like this. Now George will be pissed we all took him for a sell out.

ElainePDX

Level 2 Member
Yeah I couldn't find the tweet on the original BA feed. I am thinking it is a hoax at this point. Not sure why he is doing this but find it fascinating that he is on THEIR ignore list and so they are doing just that, ignoring him and his current antics. This one may piss off as many people as when Ben (Lucky) said he was not going to do his session at Chicago Seminars because he was going on a mileage run and people believed him and switched seminars. It was just a joke, but people believed him because it seemed well at least possible he would do it. Sort of like this. Now George will be pissed we all took him for a sell out.
I figured it was a joke from the start and one of the reasons I stayed silent on it was to see how it developed. Then I saw the Dia tweet. We may be in for a lot of mischief with fake tweets for a while.

Matt

Administrator
Staff member
I'd just like to point out that boardingarea isn't selling out, it is just a platform that is monetized by Randy. That there are many people on BA that suck, and that pimp relentlessly is distinct from that. There clearly are different types of bloggers on there.

No different from Flyertalk being just a forum, with a lot of arseholes on it.

You make it what you make it. If he was to join, I wouldn't see it as selling out. If he was to join, stop the Buzz stuff and pack each post with 30 affiliate links, deleting comments that indicated they were inferior and what not, then he sold out.

But he can do all that: stop the Buzz stuff and pack each post with 30 affiliate links, deleting comments that indicated they were inferior and what not.

Without joining BA.

smittytabb

Staff member
Good points all @Matt. Fair distinctions there. To make his blog worth reading, he needs to stop the shenanigans and get on with some solid content. He will likely lose some folks over this hoax.

Last edited:

MarkD

Level 2 Member
I really like George as a person, consider him a friend, and so I put up with his crap, which a lot of it is, but that is his schtick. It is over the top, and yes repetitive of course, but so is all the other stuff in the points and miles blogosphere. He makes me laugh, genuinely cares about his readers and the hobby and is a really nice person.
I don't doubt all that what you say is true. There have been some hilarious posts in the past, but I kind of look at him as the Jerry Springer of bloggers.

The first few train wrecks were kind of interesting to watch. The next hundred or so, not so much.

TBB

Level 2 Member
Hi you guys! Oh my so much gossiping going on here :)

The joke was started by Nick at Personal Finance Digest who found this fake tweet generator....I just rolled with it...for entertainment...primarily my own!

Just a few responses to Mark D and hello to everyone!

I am really tired of the TBB Act too :) Is it the same stuff though? Do you prefer to be pumped with the same ridiculous Chase Ink and Barclays card "reasons" to get them non stop every freaking day, seriously? Tell me what you would like to read, I always listen! This is my schtick! Nobody has the same one so I like it. I try to be original. I could be making "posts" like the ones I highlight and flood them with over 30 credit card affiliate links but I don't.

>>>>>>>>>>>>The first few train wrecks were kind of interesting to watch. The next hundred or so, not so much.

Yeah, that is what I say after the first few Chase Ink pump posts of the day...The next hundred, I take it out on my blog....

Honestly, I am getting tired of the whole blog scene....23 months now....I get bored easily, time for something new perhaps....gotta find something...always searching & evolving I guess :)

And I am honored I was made the subject of a separate thread in the best forum of the blogosphere :)

NickPFD

Mmmm.... yeah....
Staff member
Just catching up with things... yes, I made a fake tweet for George and was surprised and delighted to learn he passed it off as real. I had a great time reading comments on his blog yesterday.

R

RamboAroundTheWorld

Just catching up with things... yes, I made a fake tweet for George and was surprised and delighted to learn he passed it off as real. I had a great time reading comments on his blog yesterday.
Meh. The comments on his normal posts are jucier.