Blog Post Summer Vacation #2: New England Road Trip

K

Kirsten

New England Road Trip with Kids

For our second vacation of the summer, we spent 10 nights traveling more than 1300 miles throughout New England. We spent 5 of the nights with friends of ours who have 3 kids, so there were 9 of us for half of the trip! We were all able to use points for all of our hotel stays, and I will write another post about how we did that and where we stayed. I wanted to give this overview of our itinerary & the places we stopped along the way. I will write a more detailed trip report with all of the interesting details.

This was the route we took and the places where we stayed. We also made some other stops along the way to visit other towns, beaches, and lighthouses (and Acadia National Park).

A – Left from our home in Pennsylvania

B – 2 nights in Mystic, Connecticut

C – 2 nights in Portsmouth, New Hampshire

D – Stops along our route, including Ogunquit Beach, Maine & Nubble Lighthouse

E – 1 night in Portland, Maine

F – Stops along our route, including Pemaquid Point Lighthouse & Wiscasset, Maine

G – 3 nights in Bar Harbor, Maine (with visits to Acadia National Park)

H/I – Stops along our route, including North Conway, New Hampshire & a drive on the Kancamagus Highway through the White Mountains

J – 1 night in Vermont, near Woodstock

K – Stops in some Vermont villages, and in Keene, New Hampshire to visit the place where I lived as a kid

L – 1 night in Windsor, Connecticut to break up the ride heading home

M – Home!

We had a great time on this trip. I didn’t get to any states that I hadn’t been to before, but almost all of the places we visited were those I hadn’t been to (or I was so young that I don’t remember at all). The kids visited some states they hadn’t been to, so their lists are getting longer!

Continue reading...