SPG 30K Churn Data Points?

papa

Level 2 Member
For the past few years, I have been alternating personal/ biz SPG cards during their summer promotion. In 2012, I got the personal. In 2013, I canceled the personal and got the biz. Well, the annual fee on the biz is almost due, so my original plan was to get the personal again.

I know I've slacked because today is the last day for the offer. Rumors had been that Amex is no longer approving cards for the second time... but does anyone have a recent data point? Has anyone gotten another SPG in the last month and received the bonus again after previously having the exact same card? Any info would be great, so I don't waste a pull if there's no chance of getting the bonus again.

James from BNA

VR Jacket Guy
I got SPG Personal and Business for myself and the wife in mid-June. Round 2 for all 4 of these cards. Other cards were closed 12.5 months. All 140K points have posted.

Reactions: Zoe

Toady

Level 2 Member
I was under the impression that of May 1st AmEx cards were no longer churnable... wonder if the SPGs are an exception or if they haven't actually enacted the 1 per lifetime rule yet.

new2points

Level 2 Member
Effective May 1st 2014, one life time bonus per card went into effect. Essentially, you cannot receive a bonus on any card you previously got said bonus on for AMEX personal cards. Business cards might still be in play.

PedroNY

Level 2 Member
Business cards are still in play, don't know about SPG specifically, but other cards are definitely in play, that makes me believe that SPG is also in play.

Cheers,

PedroNY