So where can I use Carlson points flying nonstop or 1-stop from PDX?

ElainePDX

Level 2 Member
I'd worked my point balances down a lot, but a quick check of my current balances shows over 108K. They are from 1) 10K* each for 3 accounts after complaining about the change in award nights, and 2) points from some winter promos finally crediting.

I'd like to go someplace that is a non-stop or one-stop flight from PDX. It need not be an aspirational property - just someplace where I can burn some Carlson points before they deval. I have URs and MRs so can book award tickets on a variety of airlines.

I'd go to Hawaii in a minute but silly Carlson has no hotels there o_O . I've already booked 6 Carlson nights in Vancouver BC.

So, where should I go? Thanks for any suggestions.

*Yup, 10K each. Initially I called and got 2500 points on each Carlson acct (my pers, SO's pers, SO's bus), but then I saw in Doctor of Credit comments that escalating to a supervisor got you 75oo. Called back and supervisor agreed to the 7500. But they apparently didn't change/take back the initial 2500. So if you called and only got 2500, I suggest you call again and ask for a supervisor :) !

nickelfish1

Level 2 Member
I just booked four nights in Iceland and then six nights in Barbados for spring break. Then, I looked at the property and decided I wouldn't stay there for free. Its pretty ugly. Canceled and booked Grenada. Hoping we can go since we had to cancel Curacao in March the night before we left due to my daughter's illness. Have a credit on JBlue and hoping they'll be priced well under American.
Not that any of that saga helped you find a destination ;)
Ive always wanted to go to Natchez and do the drive to Nashville though.

pillow25

Level 2 Member
I just booked four nights in Iceland and then six nights in Barbados for spring break. Then, I looked at the property and decided I wouldn't stay there for free. Its pretty ugly.
Damnit what didn't look good about the Barbados property? It looked ok on Tripadvisor; I have a stay there in a week and a half!

nickelfish1

Level 2 Member
The pool. My kids will go in the ocean for like 10 mints and the rest of the time they want a pool. It looked small. Everything else looked fine but I can't listen to two kids gripe about a pool for a week!! Plus, we've been to BGI and while we'd totally go back there are other places on the list before a return. Although, the airfare on JB was cheap...I have two more days to decide to flip it back!! Oh, I didn't like the big jetty restaurant in the middle of the water. I like a clear view of just water and sand. ;)