Setting up autopay with Fidelity 2% Amex

ElainePDX

Level 2 Member
Following my husband's recent AOR, I have been setting up autopays on all the new cards. While usually I will pay off a CC bill using BB or an MO, I like to have cards set up such that bills are paid in full every month from my checking account. Then if we are travelling or otherwise unavailable, I know all bills will be paid promptly.

Some banks are easy (Chase is my fav ) and some hard (I hate B of A in this regard) and I was having a hard time figuring out where on the FIA site to get it done. The buttons for autopay and pay bills just put me in a loop. At first I thought perhaps we had to have made a charge with the new card, then that a first statement must issue, but after two unsuccessful efforts a week apart, I was eager to get it done.

I finally called this morning and was told the easiest way to do this is to go to:

fiacardservices.com/onlinedirectdebit

which worked like a charm!

The rep actually couldn't help me with the regular online banking website and had no idea why I was having trouble, but she was right that this was the link to use. Hopefully sharing the info about my wasted time will help you do it more quickly!

isobro

Level 2 Member
Thanks! I'm a little cautious about autopay, as I like to peak at the statement to ensure things are good. Love my 2% card.

Matt

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks! I'm a little cautious about autopay, as I like to peak at the statement to ensure things are good. Love my 2% card.
You should do both- autopay can't do harm if you watch your statements, but not autopaying could cause harm if you forget to.

Also- this Fid Amex is a right pita for autopay- I actually wasn't able to for the first payment or 2 and had to a fixed amount- so I was paying it into a 1k credit balance monthly...

Love the card, hate the website and the phone support.

dlin

Level 2 Member
just a warning, FIA autopay will pay your statement amount even if you have already paid your balance. it doesn't deduct your payments from the statement amount so if you ever make your own payment you will effectively double-pay

ElainePDX

Level 2 Member
just a warning, FIA autopay will pay your statement amount even if you have already paid your balance. it doesn't deduct your payments from the statement amount so if you ever make your own payment you will effectively double-pay
Gosh, really! I will have to watch for that. Thanks for the head's up.

ElainePDX

Level 2 Member
Not sure this the case - maybe if you pay very close to the time the autopay is scheduled.
I just reviewed the first statement and it showed a BB payment having been made. The autopay amount reflected that a portion had been paid already.

zeitgeist

Level 2 Member
Anyone have more than one FIA Fidelity card?

I have the FIA Investment Rewards Amex, FIA IR Visa and now the FIA 529 amex... May see if they can product change the 529 to a mastercard.