SEA or YVR to SVG

superdrew

Level 2 Member
I'm trying to get my Brother in Law to a wedding in Norway.

I can't seem to find crap for availability for this one after many hours of searching... Reselling is my thing, award booking is a skill I'm not the best with. Business would be great but coach is fine.

Depart SEA (1st Choice) or YVR to SVG June 22nd-24th (The wedding is on the 25th)

Return SVG-SEA or YVR on June 30th-July 3rd

I have 160,000 United miles (39k in my wifes account as well)
150k ultimate rewards
200k American miles
95k avios
100k Ethiad (thanks to an Amex Financial Review I transferred them out just in case)
100k starwood points
75k alaska miles

Any recommendations?

superdrew

Level 2 Member
I found a biz award that just popped up on United for 70K on June 23rd... Now just trying to find the return flight... It seems united availability gets much better close in so they can collect the extra $75!

Maverick17

Level 2 Member
Since you've been on United, I looked at One World and didn't see anything. I guess with the holiday and summer season maybe it's pretty packed. Last minute availability might be the best hope.

In general to look for awards, if nothing pops up on the desired search, I start with hub-to-hub searches on the over-ocean segment for each airline. Also if you know of a new or unpopular route, that is a good place to start. From there you can build out the connecting domestic segments.

So today I looked to SEA/YVR from London, Berlin, Dusseldorf, Madrid, and Helsinki and didn't see anything. I didn't look into DFW, ORD, or NYC, you might give that a look. I think MIA is probably over MPM so I didn't look at that one either.