Save 15cents on Gas at Walmart with Bluebird

Matt

Administrator
Staff member
Personally, I would rather use my 5% Amex Blue, but 15cents is good for those that don't have a 5x card for Gas... If it helps the Math Gas would need to cost $3 or less to be better than 5%, which ain't happening in NY any time soon :)

Bluebird.PNG

*Valid 5/18/2014 to 9/08/2014 at the pump at participating Walmart and Murphy USA gas stations with a (1) Walmart Credit Card, subject to credit approval, (2) Bluebird by American Express Card, (3) Walmart MoneyCard and (4) Walmart Gift Card. Offer not available in all states. Cannot be used with any other discount or offer and is subject to change. In Florida, a $0.15 per gallon discount is only available when using the Walmart Credit Card and will appear as a credit on your next statement, and a $0.05 per gallon discount will apply when using the Bluebird by American Express, Walmart MoneyCard or Walmart Gift Card. In Alabama, a $0.15 per gallon discount is only available when using the Walmart Credit Card, and will appear as a credit on your next statement. In Oklahoma and Minnesota, a $0.05 per gallon discount will apply when using the Walmart Credit Card, and a $0.03 per gallon discount will apply when using the Bluebird by American Express, Walmart MoneyCard or Walmart Gift Card. The Walmart MoneyCard Prepaid Visa Card is issued by Green Dot Bank pursuant to a license from Visa U.S.A. Inc. Discover and the Discover acceptance mark are service marks used by GE Capital Retail Bank under license from Discover Financial Services. Visit www.walmart.com/greatgasrollback or see store for details.

Other Cards, smaller offers
4 cards.PNG

Matt

Administrator
Staff member
I also received that email. I guess my response was similar to most peoples: "...and?"
Yep - me too... but I do know too many people without a 5x gas card that might benefit from it... they would also benefit from getting a 5x gas card :)

SicEmBear

Level 2 Member
Well, this is slightly off the topic, but the downside of the Amex BC 5x card I do all of my wife and I's gas fill-ups at Kroger Grocery store as part of their gift card points program. (Long story on how I play that game, probably best suited for another thread). Anyway, correct me if I'm wrong, but I read some time ago that Amex BC card specifically will not reward 5% CB for purchases at "connected" gas stations such as warehouses, grocery stores, and the like. Must be stand-alone, is what I seem to have read at one time in the Amex T&C.

projectx

Level 2 Member
...the downside of the Amex BC 5x card I do all of my wife and I's gas fill-ups at Kroger Grocery store as part of their gift card points program.... Amex BC card specifically will not reward 5% CB for purchases at "connected" gas stations such as warehouses, grocery stores, and the like. Must be stand-alone, is what I seem to have read at one time in the Amex T&C.
You are correct. I've also found that fill ups at Kroger do not get the bonus. But there is an easy work around. Just buy a high value VCG or MCCG in the store. Use your kroger card at the pump with your GC and voila... fuel point discount (from other purchases) and 5% off (minus the GC fee). Granted, you won't get fuel points for the variable load gift cards, but it still gets you an extra little discount with the work around.

Ecason

Level 2 Member
I was lucky enough to find a gas station selling VR's. 5X the points with Freedom then load to Bluebird to save the 15 cents a gallon.