San Diego to Bali and back

MikeM

Level 2 Member
Hey all trying to get to Bali during the Thanksgiving holidays to scope out wedding venues. Any help with getting there would be greatly appreciated!!

1. What route are you looking for? Any route with the least amount of connections.

2. What dates do you want to travel (mention how flexible you are)?Preferably depart San Diego 11/21/15, not very flexible possibly able to depart on 11/20 or 11/22.
Return to San Diego 11/29/15 or possibly 11/28.

3. Do you want to fly first, business, or coach? (maybe also "are you willing to fly coach for a positioning flight")
Preferably business, don't mind coach for positioning flight.

4. How many passengers? 2

5. How many points do you have, in which programs? AA-220 points, BA-71,500, Delta-140000, UR-130k

Maverick17

Level 2 Member
Hi @MikeM , much later here, but since no one replied I thought I'd chip in. Probably already booked, but nonetheless.

For going to Asia with AA/BA, I always use BA's site not AA even though I pay with AA miles. (I'm assuming 220 is 220k). And I always focus on the TPAC first from the gateways, then look at connections.

On the 21st, LAX has no TPAC. SFO has economy but no biz. The SAN JL flight has nothing. YVR, LAS, DFW, and ORD nothing either. JFK has premium economy. EWR has economy. Obviously those are long long positioning and not worth it, but just shows how limited it is.

So really, I'm hoping you booked back when you posted. But if you haven't, one thing to remember is CX often has last minute openings in J. So if you booked with AA miles in coach, you could upgrade that pretty easy at the last minute. If you're still not booked anywhere, let us know and I can look more at UR options.

SanDiego1K

Level 2 Member
Space is available using United awards on Nov 21, arriving Nov 23, for 80K miles.

SAN-SFO - coach
SFO-PEK - UA global first
PEK-BKK - TG biz
overnight
BKK-DPS (Nov 23) - TG biz

(I must say I don't like the new UA format. It's tricky to be confident of the class of each segment.)

First on Asiana is available the same day if you drive to LAX. It would consume all your UR at 130K. There's a 12 hour connection in Seoul.

SanDiego1K

Level 2 Member
You can also use your UR points to book Korean Air. Set up an account and look for award availability. Award seats are available on Nov 21, LAX-ICN-DPS with a 12 hour layover in Seoul. It costs 75K points one way in C and 95K in F. I didn't check for the return. I'd be optimistic of it being available.

Last edited: