Rite Aid Fabuary - Free Flight after 250 in purchases

thepaul500

Level 2 Member
Figured I'd post the first half of my experience with this promo here (if this isn't where it belong, move away!)

I'm going to Hawaii for $250 or else (pipe dream, but I think I can get 250 worth of value out of this.) My wife and I are both doing this, using different addresses, and are treating it as an advaneture. Purchases done online as no Rite Aid's close.

So the story:
Followed the dealswelike.boardingarea.com guidelines, found items on the "sheet", and bought $250 worth using GET15OFF for 15 bucks off. Tons of toilet paper, razor cartidges, and some deordoant.
-I only got 1 reward code instead of 5. Uh oh.
-Called in today, and I must say, super helpful customer service. Apparently, the promotion was only good on single ply, so DO NOT take what the "sheet" says as being correct. Call in and confirm the items qualify you find online, they can and will do this.
-Had to cancel original order, then with their help over the phone, create a new order.
-I was given the other 4 reward codes then.

So what did I learn:
1. Even though the order was cancelled, the reward code I was given on the 1st order was still active. I do not know if this would still be the case going to try and redeem the award later?
2. This promotion is not going to end well, and I need to treat the whole thing as entertainment expenses...

thepaul500

Level 2 Member
Oh I am well aware! I fully intend to fight them every step of the way, though considering the luck people had with the Hyatt promo, it might not be as bad as this makes it seem.

If I wanted a sure thing, I'd bet on horses!

Dia

Level 2 Member
Sitting this one out as Dockers botched one that had exactly the same terms. Got $150 in free dockers, tho.

Went all in for Hyatt. Will update on the blog.

Josh F

Level 2 Member
Charity Forum Mod
Oh I am well aware! I fully intend to fight them every step of the way, though considering the luck people had with the Hyatt promo, it might not be as bad as this makes it seem.

If I wanted a sure thing, I'd bet on horses!
Good luck! 1 thought I had for having some fun with this would be to book the most expensive Southwest Tickets you can find. You could then (likely) change it and have up to 1 year to use the difference. You should then be able to get 2-3 tickets out of this.

thepaul500

Level 2 Member
Good luck! 1 thought I had for having some fun with this would be to book the most expensive Southwest Tickets you can find. You could then (likely) change it and have up to 1 year to use the difference. You should then be able to get 2-3 tickets out of this.
My first goal is going to be flying DL to HNL, they are the cheapest option there out of my home airport (Wife and I are DM, so that would end up greatest chance of ebing comfortable). I'll exhaust all effort making that happen first (BBB, certified letters, etc)

If that doesn't work, southwest is good backup option, a few of those airports are only served by SW and 1 other.

thepaul500

Level 2 Member
For anyone still considering doing this, got the booking form email after mailing it all in. The email says you can book a trip to Honolulu, but the booking form has drop downs and it is missing. Emails and phone calls in, awaiting call back from a supervisor.