Product change to Amex Everyday

tly

Level 2 Member
Has anyone had success switching over an existing card to the new Amex Everyday? I tried a couple of weeks back but was told that's not an option, wasn't sure if that's related to the particular card I tried to change from.

Matt

Administrator
Staff member
Has anyone had success switching over an existing card to the new Amex Everyday? I tried a couple of weeks back but was told that's not an option, wasn't sure if that's related to the particular card I tried to change from.
What card were you trying? Was it in the MR family?

I've not tried, but in the past I found that they had 'families' of cards. EG the Surpass downgrades to the Hilton Fee free but not the SPG

lfas25

Level 2 Member
What card were you trying? Was it in the MR family?

I've not tried, but in the past I found that they had 'families' of cards. EG the Surpass downgrades to the Hilton Fee free but not the SPG
I converted SPG to BC, so I'm not sure how accurate that is, but I've also had friends that had no success in doing the same convertion.

Matt

Administrator
Staff member
I converted SPG to BC, so I'm not sure how accurate that is, but I've also had friends that had no success in doing the same convertion.
True- I've heard that one before too... I still get the impression there are standard channels/families but maybe they can override and it's a HUCA.

lfas25

Level 2 Member
True- I've heard that one before too... I still get the impression there are standard channels/families but maybe they can override and it's a HUCA.
It definitely it HUCA and see if anyone was successful :)

tly

Level 2 Member
It was a Blue Cash that I've had open for years. I don't use it much these days but figured if I'm going to keep the account open without using, might as well have the Everyday and keep my MR points alive.

Corridor!

Level 2 Member
I tried to do a conversion from the Blue card that earns points and I was unsuccessful. I tried this about a month ago. I plan on trying again in the near future.

ushdadude

Level 2 Member
It was a Blue Cash that I've had open for years. I don't use it much these days but figured if I'm going to keep the account open without using, might as well have the Everyday and keep my MR points alive.
My understanding is that you can actually transfer the MR points from an everyday card to airlines. So in that way it is better than blue

Anh

Level 2 Member
When I called in to cancel the SPG Biz and asked if there was any no annual fee option to convert it to, the rep suggested Simply Cash and I did that. Not sure if those two are in the same family or not. But it does not hurt asking "what are my options?"

Maria Sangria

Level 51
I just did a product change from the Blue Sky to Blue Cash Preferred. I have a big credit line on the BS, but don't use it anymore because the reward structure is just not that good anymore. I initially wanted to transfer the credit limit to my SPG business, but was told I could do personal > personal or business > business. I was offered the Everyday or Everyday Preferred. I tried to do the PC online but there were no options available for the BS, so I called in. I also asked for the "old" Blue Cash but was told they couldn't do that. I would have to apply for it. So, I'll take the BCP for now, and apply for the OBC in the future.

KennyBSAT

Staff member
I was able to convert an SPG business card to the Simply Cash business and a BCP to BCE, but the second conversion is taking forever. I think once it is complete I should be able to downgrade again to the 'old' Blue Cash so we'd have two of those.

chunkalunk

Level 2 Member
This is only tangentially related, but earlier this year I switched from Blue for Business (earns MRs) to the SimplyCash (cashback). As soon as I did, my online account no longer showed my MR balance (as I had no other card that earned MRs at the time).

I thought I lost all my MR points, freaked out and called Amex CS. CS was able to look at my account and see that the MR points were still there, I just didn't have any means to access it online, unless I had an active card that earned MRs. In other words, your MR points "stay alive".

CS gave me differnt redemption options over the phone. I transferred them over to my airline program.

MikeY

Level 2 Member
I just had a Blue Cash Preferred card where the annual fee came up. Now that I have the original Blue Cash, I didn't need that card anymore. I tried to product change to the Amex Everyday, but the rep did not let me. I ended up changing the the Blue Cash Everyday instead.

f0xx

Level 2 Ninja
I went from the Blue > Blue Cash Everyday > Blue > Blue Cash in the span of 2 months.
I was trying to decide which was better lol...

As for PC'ing from Blue/BCE/BC to Everyday. No go. I don't see why lol

ElainePDX

Level 2 Member
I'm considering PCing a Costco Amex to a card that can warehouse MRs for free. That or applying to get a bonus. Which put the Amex EveryDay Credit Card on my radar too. I could also PC from a Delta card....

I think it could then warehouse MRs for both me and my husband. Seems I read somewhere that I can transfer over spouse/SO points. Can anyone confirm? Also can you transfer in MRs earned from Bus and Pers cards all into one location (the EveryDay)? Assuming a PC does not do a hard pull....?

raenye

Lever 2 Membel
No HP for PC, but I did apply for an ED beforehand to get the 25k. Blue itself can host MR but without transferring to airlines. Another option is to open a green/gold charge card (fee free 1st year) while applying for some other amex and get 25k MR on the way.

I thought Amex offered some crazy bonus on BCE/BCP for Costco cardholders?

Timrek

Level 2 Member
I'm considering PCing a Costco Amex to a card that can warehouse MRs for free. That or applying to get a bonus. Which put the Amex EveryDay Credit Card on my radar too. I could also PC from a Delta card....

I think it could then warehouse MRs for both me and my husband. Seems I read somewhere that I can transfer over spouse/SO points. Can anyone confirm? Also can you transfer in MRs earned from Bus and Pers cards all into one location (the EveryDay)? Assuming a PC does not do a hard pull....?
I don't believe you can transfer MR points between spouses but I believe that you can, for example, transfer your MR points to your spouse's airline/hotel miles account.

oopl

Silver Member
I got a letter that Amex will convert my Amex Blue to an Amex Everyday. I asked a CSR through chat if I could get the OBC instead but was denied. He said the only option is to upgrade to the EDP.