Premium long haul - do you prefer to sleep or stay awake?

Do you prefer to sleep or stay awake on Premium Long Haul?

• Sleep

Votes: 4 80.0%
  • Stay awake

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • No preference

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

italdesign

Level 2 Member
Premium long haul meaning international business class and first class with a flat bed. Do you prefer a red eye for sleeping or a day time flight for staying awake?

Hanaleiradio

Level 2 Member
Premium Long Haul Strategy:

Drink
Stay awake long enough for the food to come.
Go through 5 different types of booze (iterating those that are tasty)
Sleep.

It doesn't matter what time of day that this flight occurs. Because I am ready for this.
You're on a roll tonight!

Brit

Level 2 Member
Depends! If it is a night flight, I like to eat, then sleep. If it is a daytime flight, I tend to stay awake and eat/drink/read/watch the IFE.

On the American IAD_PEK mistake fare, I will be sleeping as much as possible on the way out so we can hit the ground running...well, not literally running.... or, maybe...I've never been to China, so I don't know!

AZTravelGuy

Level 2 Member
Has more to do with the flight schedule. Gah.. I didn't know what to do with myself on JL1 SFO-HND. During daylight saving time it departs SFO at 01:45 and arrives at HND at 05:00, or more realistically as early as 04:30. I should have slept because JAL catering in F is subpar on that particular route both directions, but I stayed awake most of it. Made for a very, very long day in Tokyo but I wasn't about to waste any of my four days.

Generally I'll try to sleep a few hours on the outbound from the US. On the inbound I'll almost always stay awake the entire time as by the time I reach PHX it's at least late afternoon if not well into the evening and I can go straight to sleep in my own bed.

Taking a friend on a whirlwind trip next week, passing through DXB on EK. I imagine we'll spend an obscene amount of time awake at the bar over the course of 14 hours!

Brit

Level 2 Member
Makes sense. But which one would you go for if you could have either?
If I really had to pick just one - I vote for sleep! I don't get enough of it, so if there is a chance I can add a few more zzzzz's, then I suppose that's what I would do!