Pottery Barn Discount

rhinodh

Level 2 Member
Okay, we're closing on the house this weekend, and we need a new couch. Currently, the Pottery Barn Pearce couch is on sale through tomorrow for 30% off. On top of that, they're giving us the 15% movers discount coupon for an effective ~40% off. Of course, I'm trying to squeeze every bit out of this as I can, so I'm looking for more ways to save.

Options I know of off the top of my head are either buying several $500 PB gift cards at Office Depot for 5x or buying a bunch of discounted giftcards (must be e-giftcards, need to purchase on 3/4) on a resale site (giftcard granny, cardpool, etc.).

Can you guys think of any other options?

InstinctX

Level 2 Member
Have you looked into opening a PB Comenity store card via Shopping Cart trick? This may be useful store card with Evolve :) Put a portion of it on the card (min. is $250 to accumulate 10% back in rewards). You can occasionally make payments when there is $0 balance (of course, this was better before Evolve devolved) and request credit refund.

rhinodh

Level 2 Member
Have you looked into opening a PB Comenity store card via Shopping Cart trick? This may be useful store card with Evolve :) Put a portion of it on the card (min. is $250 to accumulate 10% back in rewards). You can occasionally make payments when there is $0 balance (of course, this was better before Evolve devolved) and request credit refund.
Hmm...that is an interesting option. Thanks for chiming in!

I think since it's a credit inquiry for 10% back for PB merch, I'm inclined to go the discount gift cards or 5x UR route instead.

rhinodh

Level 2 Member
I'm leaning towards purchasing gift cards from Gift Card Spread at a 8.1% discount. They have the largest denomination of gift cards. It's a fairly large purchase and I don't want to go into PB with 20+ gift cards!

rhinodh

Level 2 Member
I'm thinking of getting ~$3000 in gift cards from Gift Card Spread for 8.1%, then buying the rest from Office Depot ($500 denominations) with Ink to get 5x.

I really don't see any egift cards much better than 8.1%, but maybe there's a resale site that I'm missing that has better discounts? I've looked at giftcardgranny and giftcards.com

BTW, buying two couches, that's why I need that much $ in GC.

Judge

Level 2 Member
I'd take a bigger discount on gift cards than worrying about redeeming a stack of GC's
When I bought a Nespresso at WS I used 20 or so $20 GCs that I was able to get at $15 each with a local grocery promotion. They didn't care at all.

rhinodh

Level 2 Member
When I bought a Nespresso at WS I used 20 or so $20 GCs that I was able to get at $15 each with a local grocery promotion. They didn't care at all.
Nice, that's good to know, I wasn't sure if their system had limits to the number of gift cards used in one transaction.

rhinodh

Level 2 Member
Ended up purchasing four gift cards from Gift Card Spread totaling around $1900 for about a 9% discount there. @InstinctX sold me a smaller card for about a 13% discount (thanks again!). Then, I bought the four $500 cards at Office Depot to cover the rest.

All in all, received ~12k UR and got a discount of 46% off retail on two couches!