Pink credit card options

NickPFD

Mmmm.... yeah....
Staff member
Believe it or not, not everybody is a rational rewards-optimizing machine when it comes to credit cards. Some people are swayed by other criteria, such as what it’s made of or how awesome the card looks. And presumably some folks out there would be thrilled to have a pink credit card because hey, it’s pink. Let’s take a look and see what the options are, and whether any of them are possibly worth owning.

Sanrio Visa Platinum Reward Card, aka the Hello Kitty card: You may remember this card from its surprisingly strong head-to-head performance against the Chase Sapphire Preferred card. But all joking aside, this card stinks. Sure, it’s a pink credit card, but it’s a simple 1% credit card (unless you’re buying something at sanrio.com, in which case you get 2%). Surely we can do better than this!

Victoria’s Secret Credit Card: I reviewed this card here. The upshot, for those of you too busy to click: it can be useful if you’re already spending a lot of money at Victoria’s Secret, but otherwise it won’t be of much use to you. Also, it’s a store card only, so you can’t use it outside of Victoria’s Secret.

HawaiiUSA Visa Pink Card: Offered by HawaiiUSA Federal Credit Union, this card is allegedly pink but there is no image available to verify. Reward-wise, it seems to be one of those plain-jane credit union credit cards. Pass.

Susan G. Komen Card, aka the Pink Ribbon Credit Card: Now we’re talking! This card is a branded version of Bank of America’s standard card offering, which is 3% on gas, 2% on groceries, and 1% on everything else. But: if you’re a Platinum Preferred Rewards client with B of A ($100K in assets or more), you increase the rewards by 75%, making this 5.25%/3.5%/1.75%, which is not bad at all. There’s also a $100 bonus after your first $500 in purchases. If you absolutely, positively have to have a pink credit card, or at least one with a pink ribbon on it, this is the way to go.

That’s all I was able to find, at least for domestic cards. Disney apparently used to have a pink card design, but I don’t see it available in the current options.

The post Pink credit card options appeared first on Personal Finance Digest.

Continue reading...