Penny stocks

UNHBuzzard

Level 2 Member
While still stocks, I'm talking only penny stocks here. Where do you find "good" ones, and who is your preferred brokerage for fee reduction? Most of my research has only ended up with bunk leads forced by people good at SEO to push a particular stock.

Matt

Administrator
Staff member
While still stocks, I'm talking only penny stocks here. Where do you find "good" ones, and who is your preferred brokerage for fee reduction? Most of my research has only ended up with bunk leads forced by people good at SEO to push a particular stock.
Penny stocks are insane gambles, and really not worth looking for. There's a good reason they are on the pink sheets.

If you want to play them just pick any at random, it's Russian roulette with your money.

I'd recommend you don't.

Reactions: Anh

UNHBuzzard

Level 2 Member
Different strokes for different folks- I have a small line in my budget for excessively high risk "investments", and it's not big. I'd rather spend my latte factor on something that has a glimmer of hope of a return, and not a return to my waist line.

f0xx

Level 2 Ninja
Like @Matt said. A lot of risk and very little reward at times.
There are massive amounts of "paid subscription" services that try and push penny stock trading. (I'm sure you found this after a few Google searches)

UNHBuzzard

Level 2 Member
Like I said, I am ok with this level of risk for low cost trading, I was simply looking for stock suggestions & if anyone had a good low fee brokerage they used, not to further warn me of the risks of investing in such volatile stocks.

Matt

Administrator
Staff member
Like I said, I am ok with this level of risk for low cost trading, I was simply looking for stock suggestions & if anyone had a good low fee brokerage they used, not to further warn me of the risks of investing in such volatile stocks.
Pick one starting with M for Matt.

I can understand you are looking for better data than that, but it really doesn't exist. I'm not going into the dangers again because I can respect your views on that, but there is by their nature no good data other than some insider trading that you could have, and even then you aren't playing with a pure market so results can be unexpected even if you have found the winner.

It's pure gambling, there is no suggestion.

For a brokerage, I have an old account with optionshouse, trades are around $5 each way, if you are really going to trade you probably should set up something that has no transaction costs I hear Merrill offers zero trade fees for account of $25K or above http://www.merrilledge.com/zero-dollar-trades but not sure if they access the pink sheets for that.