PC from CSR to Chase Co-Brands?

JakeFromStateFarm

Points Junkie
Interested to know if anyone has been able to PC from a Chase-branded card (e.g. CSP/CSR) to one of their co-brand cards. I know that you can downgrade to another chase branded card, but we already have an FU, and multiple Freedoms. Believe it or not, we still don't have an IHG card though, and even though PCing would exempt us from the signup bonus, the long-term value (annual free night) of the card is what really draws me.

Your thoughts?

turtlelurker

Level 2 Member
Interested to know if anyone has been able to PC from a Chase-branded card (e.g. CSP/CSR) to one of their co-brand cards. I know that you can downgrade to another chase branded card, but we already have an FU, and multiple Freedoms. Believe it or not, we still don't have an IHG card though, and even though PCing would exempt us from the signup bonus, the long-term value (annual free night) of the card is what really draws me.

Your thoughts?
NOT possible from what I have tried with other chase branded cards like the CSP/Freedom and from what is said on pretty much any forum or blog...

Have you tried simply calling and asking?

JakeFromStateFarm

Points Junkie
NOT possible from what I have tried with other chase branded cards like the CSP/Freedom and from what is said on pretty much any forum or blog...

Have you tried simply calling and asking?
Thanks for the feedback. I haven't called yet. I'm just trying to plan ahead for when I eventually downgrade my CSR. In the past (~2 years ago), I wasn't able to directly PC my CSP to an IHG, but I was hoping there may be a backdoor way to convert (e.g. CSR-->(CC #2)-->IHG)

El Ingeniero

Level 2 Member
Well, if you are doing any MS at all and you value UR, then I would say get another Freedom. There seems to be no cap on how many you can have.