Need to buy 2 cheap phones, tablets.

LearnMS

Level 2 Member
Any recommendations?

Two cheap phones for 2 elderly couple who are visiting us for 4-5 months. Smartphone is preferable.

They like big screens, so planning to surprise them with 8 or 10 inch tablets. they don't care about brands (nor do I), but may appreciate just browsing or reading from a tablet/iPad.

Thoughts? Thanks.

Matt

Administrator
Staff member
Anything at all?
It's a confusing question- a smartphone isn't an iPad.. A phone requires a service plan...

What is it they actually need again?

I've bought burner phones for visitors in the past, cheap pay as you go crap. 4-5 months is a weird timeline. How much use will the phones get?

Tablets are cheap if you go android.

InstinctX

Level 2 Member
Even the phab-lets max size is about 6 inches ... what is your budget?

Tried looking at CL? Or checkout the dealsites like SD and FW ... google "cheap unlocked smartphones"
Code:
http://www.walmart.com/c/kp/prepaid-smartphones

LearnMS

Level 2 Member
Hey thanks for the pointers...

Yes, have been looking at few deals in WM and target. I managed to find a regular phone. Will refill as they use it. Their use is not much. But good to carry a phone for emergencies.

@Matt - I am OK with android tablets. 9 to 10' screens generic brands preferred. Thanks.

LearnMS

Level 2 Member
Now just looking for tablets. what do you think about Asus memo Pad 10"? I see a refurbished one at Groupon.

VDebs

Level 2 Member
Check out C7Recycle. They sell older generation Android smartphones for 10-40 dollars depending on condition and model. I've used them before and they're very easy to deal with.