Lounge Access

ElainePDX

Level 2 Member
I was looking for a source that would bring together all the different ways to access airport lounges, and found this:

Code:
www.drcreditcard.net/fr-lounges.html
I had thought that Delta lounges were no longer open to Amex Plat card holders but this says otherwise: [UPDATE - Confirmed: Plat does provide Delta access: Thanks you @Shadow ]

American Express Platinum Card ($450): complimentary access to Delta (for you only; $29 for each guest), Priority Pass Select lounges (including Alaska lounges; for you only; $27 for each guest), and Airspace and Centurion lounges (for you plus immediate family or two guests)."

I don't know drcreditcard but I have long wanted this kind of wrap-up for all CC benefits; that is, summaries grouped by subject like lounge access, free baggage check, 2X or 3X on travel, reimbursements on airline expenses, free gogo and boingo, etc.

Last edited:

Shadow

i just googled it and the benefits include delta lounges

The Platinum Card® comes with complimentary airport lounge access to The Centurion℠ Lounges‡, Delta Sky Clubs®‡, and Airspace Lounges‡ and you can enroll in Priority Pass™ Select‡ at no additional cost. These programs provide you access to over 600 domestic and international airport lounges.‡

cdancer20

Level 2 Member
Good find! I'm always curious about what lounges I have access to based on which card. Nice to have it all in one place.

Last edited:

DL172

Level 2 Member
@ElainePDX I think the confusion might lie in that the AMEX Plat used to offer admission to cardholder + family or cardholder + guest, but they cancelled that option.

Matt

Administrator
Staff member
We only need to break links in L2.
Technically we need to break any link that goes somewhere that we don't want to come back... it could be in L2 or L1. EG if a link goes to somewhere like FQF blog then its fine, because we like him around here.. if it goes to Nationwide Buxx then its not fine because we don't want their marketing team here.

ElainePDX

Level 2 Member
@Matt - OK, I am confused. In the link breaking instructions you said:

For example, you find a Credit Union that accepts Credit Card deposits of $30,000, link it here, people click, the CU will get a lot more online traffic, and someone may be alerted to the site. Anything in Level 2 will result in an error page for them, but it is best avoided regardless. Level 1 stuff doesn't matter.
[bolding mine]

I will break the link above [done] but I'm not sure if I need to....

Last edited:

Matt

Administrator
Staff member

For example, you find a Credit Union that accepts Credit Card deposits of $30,000, link it here, people click, the CU will get a lot more online traffic, and someone may be alerted to the site. Anything in Level 2 will result in an error page for them, but it is best avoided regardless. Level 1 stuff doesn't matter.
[bolding mine]

I will break the link above but I'm not sure if I need to....
If I link from l1 to say, Vanguard, taking about their funds, it doesn't matter. The receiver gets to see the url of the link so they see me prattling on about vanguard in a finance thread. That's l1

What you're confused about is what makes a topic l1 or l2... Sometimes it's not about where the poster put it, but what the impact of the click through- and click back is...

It's a tricky topic. Sometimes easier to say no links, sometimes no l2, but accurately it's all about the fallout from what happens on the reception of the click.

ElainePDX

Level 2 Member
It's a tricky topic. Sometimes easier to say no links, sometimes no l2, but accurately it's all about the fallout from what happens on the reception of the click.
I understand now that it is a judgement call, which is fine, but if that's the case, please update the how-to-break-links info to reflect that sometimes L1 stuff does matter. I didn't break the link originally since I had read the how-to and I remembered how you phrased it there.

Happy Weekend!

DL172

Level 2 Member

[bolding mine]

I will break the link above [done] but I'm not sure if I need to....
The link for the credit union that accepts 30k didn't pop up, can you post it again!