Location location location

Mtshastajane

Level 2 Member
I don't actually live in the middle of nowhere, but you can see it from my front porch...

So much of what we try and/or dream up in this fixation (many of us like to gentrify it by calling it a hobby) relies on a certain level of urbanization. For those of us who don't even have "bragging rights" to suburbanization, this is simply impractical. We trade ideas and tips with the urbanites who toss out a "YMMV" disclaimer but, for those of us in the hinterlands, that sort of generates the same comforting feeling generated when a soon-to-be-bride assures me that she's picked a bridesmaid dress that can be worn again and again. But I digress...

Example of logistical hurdles: Nearest Target, Safeway, T-mobile, etc. = 1.5 hour drive. Walmart (no Kate, of course) = 40 minute drive

Thank god for the Internet.

I don't give these statistics to inspire (too much) pity; there have to be other O.D.D.* people out there who want to talk about the ingenious tricks they've dreamed up to overcome geographic hurdles.

*and for you acronym-flaunters out there considering Google...
Oppositional Defiant Disorder

Or you can move and become one of the urbanites.
I have probably 60 Walmarts within a 60 mile distance and lost count of Targets. Heck, we even have 5 KMarts.

El Ingeniero

Level 2 Member
NW Buxx is your friend for meeting minimum spend. You can even pay Citi and BoA CC bills with them (although BoA will has been known to take adverse action for this in combination with heavy AGC purchases and churning CL).