June 23 only Uber $50 GC for $25 (33 available)

MarcusBWI

Level 2 Member
It looks like this might be good for one ride up to $50. Do you know if that's true, or if it's an actual $50 gift certificate useable for more than one ride?

cocobird

Level 2 Member
It looks like this might be good for one ride up to $50. Do you know if that's true, or if it's an actual $50 gift certificate useable for more than one ride?
Each certificate is good up to $50. If the ride is less, the remainder of the credit is available for another ride. Only one certificate can be used for a ride (i.e., a $75 ride can only use one GC). You can use a second certificate only for a completely separate ride (no using a partial certificate with a new certificate). Hope that helps.

MarcusBWI

Level 2 Member
Hm, the description seems to say that the certificate is only good within the Fresno city limits. That could cause an issue for my rides back east

cocobird

Level 2 Member
Hm, the description seems to say that the certificate is only good within the Fresno city limits. That could cause an issue for my rides back east
Not sure where you see that. This is what I see:

Limit one certificate per Uber account holder. Certificate can be used anywhere in the United States where Uber service is available, until the full $50 value is reached. Certificates expire on May 20, 2015.

cocobird

Level 2 Member
I think the reason Uber offered the certificates to a Fresno PBS station is that Fresno is new to Uber. That's the reason you might think it is for Fresno; however, the certificates can be used for Uber anywhere in the US.

Last edited:

MarcusBWI

Level 2 Member
I think the reason Uber offered the certificates to a Fresno PBS station is that Fresno is new to Uber. That's the reason you might think it is for Fresno; however, the certificates can be used for Uber anywhere in the US.
Ok, good to know. I was reading this, from the description:
"The first 40 bidders will receive a $50-value gift certificate redeemable for any rides with Uber, a new ridesharing service now available within Fresno city metro limits as of February 2014!"

I suppose I read that wrong.