It all started on a Snow Day…Happy Bloggerversary To Me!

I had been thinking of starting a blog for months. I had gone back and forth trying to decide between my two hobbies/passions, travel and home decorating. At first, the home decorating/renovating won out. I bit the bullet & bought a domain name. A day later I was offered a bunch of money by someone who wanted to buy my new domain name. So I sold it.​

I considered starting a domain name making business (not really).​

Some time went by, and life got busier and busier. And then the winter of 2014 brought tons and tons of snow, and I was stuck at home with some time on my hands. I decided to start The American Travel Project, and here we are exactly a year later​

(and 2 more snow days on the same exact days…twilight zone?).​

I am so thankful that I took the leap to start this crazy journey. We ended up spending over 75 nights in 2014 away from home, enjoying some of the best vacations we’ve ever had. It was an epic year for us, and 2015 is turning out to be just as spectacular as our plans come along. I fully admit I still know close to nothing about blogging and the technology side of things. I have many ideas in my head that I have not been able to bring to fruition because I haven’t figured out how to yet. But I really have learned more than I ever thought I would, and I am closer and closer to being able to make a PowerPoint presentation that really has nothing to do with blogging, but is tech related (with the help and supervision of my 10 year old).​

Thanks to all who have read and emailed and asked questions. Family travel is a passion and a priority for me, and I plan to continue until I can’t.​

The post It all started on a Snow Day…Happy Bloggerversary To Me! appeared first on The American Travel Project.

Continue reading...