iPad Air $100 off plus $50 off with valid .edu

Matchmee

Level 2 Member
Best Buy is offering a promotion involving $100 off the iPad Air. If you have a valid .edu address you can also take $50 off. If you have the current AmEx promo you can take that off as well. If you buy the 4G versions and activate it in store you will receive yet another discount on top. All in all this is a really great deal if you've been looking for one or want to MS.

JohnThomasJwlrs

I bought one last night, but added a $200 VGC, then split payment on 2 Amex cards, getting another $50 off (Thank You Amex :)
And it's back-to-school tax free weekend here in Albuquerque.

I still have an online code for $150 off select Lenovo/HP laptops, and $100 off MacBooks if anybody wants. They expire tonight.

JDH

Level 2 Member
Nice find! I just bought one before the deadline. I hope it combines with the published 4% rate on Upromise as well. Both the $100 off and student $50 were listed on the Upromise website before clicking through.

f0xx

Level 2 Ninja
I bought one last night, but added a $200 VGC, then split payment on 2 Amex cards, getting another $50 off (Thank You Amex :)
And it's back-to-school tax free weekend here in Albuquerque.

I still have an online code for $150 off select Lenovo/HP laptops, and $100 off MacBooks if anybody wants. They expire tonight.
Strange. Mine say
OFFER VALID 8/3/2014 — 9/6/2014. SINGLE USE: ONE TIME ONLY.

Matchmee

Level 2 Member
I debated on adding a hotspot with my Verizon carrier for an additional 100 off (really around 75 off if you factor in the cost of the hotspot) but decided it wasn't worth the hassle of deleting that account with Verizon. Last time I did that it took forever to get the charges reversed! But think about 275 off an ipad air! Major resale value!

spirith20

Level 2 Member
Am planning on purchasing an iPad today from Best Buy. My plan of attack is to purchase $800 in Best Buy gift cards from Fry's Supermarket (4x fuel points) with my Old AmEx Blue, 5% back and pay the remaining amount with my SPG linked card for the $25 back. Hopefully this is the best way to maximize my savings!

SC Trojan

Level 2 Member
One thing to keep in mind for those that are keeping the Ipad is the value of the extended warranty from Amex. If you put 100% of the purchase on 1 card they will double your warranty up to a year. I think the Ipad has a 1 year warranty, so this makes it 2 instead of 1. I used the Amex extended warranty about 8 years ago on a projector that died on me, and it was a pretty easy process. They ended up refunding the entire projector cost, since it was less to replace than repair. If you split this purchase amongst multiple cards and/or use gift cards, then you will forgo that benefit.

Matchmee

Level 2 Member
Am planning on purchasing an iPad today from Best Buy. My plan of attack is to purchase $800 in Best Buy gift cards from Fry's Supermarket (4x fuel points) with my Old AmEx Blue, 5% back and pay the remaining amount with my SPG linked card for the $25 back. Hopefully this is the best way to maximize my savings!
I do that a lot as well but with the Blue Cash Everyday at grocery stores for 6% back on all spend. If you aren't in a rush I would wait on an iPad because with school coming up and a new model coming out I bet there will be some great deals to be had.

Haley

I am not a robot
Oh hey, just realized I have a valid .edu account.
Just signed up with BB and coupon is valid until 09/06

Matchmee

Level 2 Member
Question- today Staples has 100 off the iPad air- what else could you pair it with to get a better discount for MS?

Haley

I am not a robot
Visa Savings Edge, portal (ymmv I seem to remember Apple products excluded) and a 5% Ink card, maybe a price match opportunity?

If it is valid longer than just today, Buy giftcards first (in person somewhere where card bonus beats fees) to squeeze an extra bit out of it.

JDH

Level 2 Member
I jumped on the Best Buy bandwagon. Does anyone know any good use for their points? The Flyertalk thread on the topic seems to be dead. Thanks!