Ink 70K Offer

RavenHawk

Level 2 Member
I'm fully expecting a denial. which is fine, due to the annual fee not being waved on the new offer. What is not sitting well with me, is that it is now 2 full days without a reply to my SM.

Terrible customers service

El Turk

Level 14 Insurance Salesman
I'm fully expecting a denial. which is fine, due to the annual fee not being waved on the new offer. What is not sitting well with me, is that it is now 2 full days without a reply to my SM.

Terrible customers service
I think it has something to do with the volume they are experiencing. Picture this: every single blogger pushed the Ink like crazy in May. Loads of people signed up for the cards. Now, every blogger is noting the higher bonus, no doubt to generate goodwill with their readership, and encouraging them to send a secure message.

Alex N

Level 2 Member
No go for me. Same as everyone else, got the generic response that 70K offer was not with $95 fee waived so it's a different offer so no match. Rats.

Manspender

Level 2 Member
I got the same email as Jeff C. I think it has to do with the 50K vse 60K and how many people have hit them up for the extra points. Almost every blog I read had it in bold!

projectx

Level 2 Member
After applying in a branch and getting the "7 to 10 day review" answer, I called the reconsideration line today armed with answers to potential questions. Much to my surprise, the rep came back after a minute or two and said my card was already approved! Woo-hoo!

Last edited:

TheBOSman

Staff member
I should note that, when I applied for my Ink a while back, I never called reconsideration, and yet was approved for my largest CL on any CC up until that point. I hate calling recon, don't get into the blogger's trap of calling recon constantly because they want their referral money quicker ;).

ElainePDX

Level 2 Member
I was in the branch today and when I asked how long the 70,000 offer would hold, they had no idea. The person helping me said that the fact that Chase printed up new blotters with the 70,000 promo really means little; they print them every time something changes, regardless of the intended length of a promo. But then he said that he thought it would be around for a while, as they've gotten no ending date for it.

VRHunter

Level 2 Member
Just to add a data point:

I got a 60K Ink Plus on May 9th. I SM'd right away when this offer came out and got a message saying they would bump me 10K to match the 70K offer (with no mention of the annual fee associated with the 70K branch offer).

I hadn't met the $5k min spend so they said to message back when I met it. I met the $5k threshold recently and SM'd them back today. I was a little afraid they were going to go back on their offer but they didn't. They immediately posted 10K to my account.

I know others have had a hard time getting a match on this one and that's a bummer. Just thought I'd share to point out that they're not actually being consistent on this one. But I sense that's because of mistakes early on with their match responses before they realized the nuances about annual fees and Plus vs. Bold.

It would be nice if a public 70K offer came out (for both Plus *and* Bold with no annual fee) for folks who signed up for the 50K offer in hopes of matching to 70K (or those who SM'd a day or two after this offer surfaced). Let's hope...

Sky WIzard

Level 2 Member
That would be nice! In the future they don't need to be opened so long to get the bonus again, the rule with chase cards is, if you get approved you get the bonus. Cards from chase attached to FF programs would need a new FF#. My wife and I are each on our 5th SP for the year.
How did you get 5 SP in a year?

I was denied on my SM. Does anyone know if there is a hard wait time for chase? I cancelled the Ink plus about 18 mo ago, but don't want to blow an app. I have had success at 24 months in past.

Mike

Silver Member
How did you get 5 SP in a year?

I was denied on my SM. Does anyone know if there is a hard wait time for chase? I cancelled the Ink plus about 18 mo ago, but don't want to blow an app. I have had success at 24 months in past.
I actually just got my 6th SP for the year! :D There is definitely no hard coding on Chases end, I would say 18 months is more than fine.

InstinctX

Level 2 Member
I just received a targeted invitation in the mail for the 70K offer. I just opened my Ink Plus card in Feb. Should I jump on this offer or pass? Unfortunately, I don't think I'll be do much "real" spending at Staples given the dearth of FAR deals.

ElainePDX

Level 2 Member
I just received a targeted invitation in the mail for the 70K offer. I just opened my Ink Plus card in Feb. Should I jump on this offer or pass? Unfortunately, I don't think I'll be do much "real" spending at Staples given the dearth of FAR deals.
What is the expiration date of the offer?

ElainePDX

Level 2 Member
Thanks. The folks at the bank had no idea when it might end. Just did a big AOR for my husband in late June and I think it may be advisable to wait a bit. I think I will hold off for him for now and revisit it in early Sept. I did stop in the branch and apply for myself, but my last app with Chase was late May. Still not 91 days, but I was uneasy it might end. Got the 7-10 day message and will sit tight and see what happens.

ElainePDX

Level 2 Member
@KennyBSAT:
Took the "wait and see" route and got the Ink Plus approved. Saw it listed @ chase.com just now; called in and got it expedited, and confirmed all the offer details.

Data point: I opened the Ink Bold on 5/26 and the open date of the Plus is 8/6.

Much better approach than getting grilled over the coals by recon last time, and berated for so many recent apps. BTW, recon refused and I only got the Bold card then because I applied in the branch then too, and the banker escalated to one final extra review they can do as a courtesy for their private client customers.

Now wondering when to apply in my husband's name. He just did a 7 card AOR on 6/24, so I figure I should wait a bit. Does anyone have advice to offer on the timing? Thanks.

ElainePDX

Level 2 Member
Card was expedited as noted above and arrived less than 24 hours later. Also woke to an email alerting me that the account had been opened, but of course I already knew that ;) !