In Branch Easy Chase Payments

Chasing The Points

Administrator
Staff member

It’s not earth shattering news and this option has been there for as long as I can remember, I just never used it until now.

Chase has a special slip that says “Payment” and you can pay any account with this slip. The way it’s designed, it looks like it was meant for loan payments. Either way, I had the opportunity to pay my Chase British Airways card without the payment stub with a money order without any issue.

The next thing to test is paying with a debit card which the friendly teller told me was possible. Not sure how it will be processed if it’ll be an “ATM Withdrawal,” “ATM purchase”, or “cash advance.” Just a forewarning: not sure on when I’ll follow up with it. I don’t go to the branch too often. The stars lined up for me when I made this payment

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

f0xx

Level 2 Ninja
Not sure how it will be processed if it’ll be an “ATM Withdrawal,” “ATM purchase”, or “cash advance.” Just a forewarning: not sure on when I’ll follow up with it.
Why make a blog post if you don't think you can follow up?

Especially after a click bate style title of:

"In Branch Easy Chase Payments"

I swear...

Sesq

Level 2 Member
Lots of reports @ FT of chase nuking all accounts (credit/checking) for excessive MO deposits. I realize MO to CC or in branch debit to CC are distinct, but may be worth thinking about. Especially MO with volume.

There isn't a chase branch within 100 miles of me, so it won't be a consideration for me.

Chasing The Points

Administrator
Staff member
Why make a blog post if you don't think you can follow up?

Especially after a click bate style title of:

"In Branch Easy Chase Payments"

I swear...
I will follow up with it, just not sure when and putting that out there.

It's also easy to make the payment, they give you the slip and you write your account number, how difficult is that?

Lots of reports @ FT of chase nuking all accounts (credit/checking) for excessive MO deposits. I realize MO to CC or in branch debit to CC are distinct, but may be worth thinking about. Especially MO with volume.

There isn't a chase branch within 100 miles of me, so it won't be a consideration for me.
I've seen the reports as well, not sure what the volume the MO has been

In branch debit payments would be awesome. My UFB card doesn't get much use these days.
A commenter mentioned it'll be processed as a cash advance, so it doesn't sound like we'll make any AA miles from that