Hyatt Diamonds - Special Email

MaryE

Level 2 Member
Hyatt informed me that I have been to 25 different Hyatts since 2011. Sweet. I do tend to jump around. I did succeed in keeping my Hyatt status until Feb 2016. Anyway, I was given 5000 Hyatt points for doing so, and I got to play a game. If I remembered the correct order of Hyatts I had stayed at from 2011, I got a bonus prize. The prize was 500 extra bonus points.
Sweet again. Be sure to read your email as the email gives you a clue where you stayed first. Mine was the Hyatt Regency San Fran airport and it was coincidentally my last hotel to re-:)qualify for Diamond status again for next year.

Dia

Level 2 Member
I got something similar. Mine was for staying in 25 different Hyatts, too. I like to requalify on stays but this year I may do on nights since I have 20 already booked!

Road Humps

Level 2 Member
I just mentally counted up my past and booked stays and I should be at 20 properties by the end of this year.

I'm picking up 2 stays and 7 nights on a Paris trip in May by staying at Andaz 5th Ave and Park Hyatt Vendome, both in suites on C+P.

Then I'm picking up 5 stays and 10 nights on an around the world trip I just booked, and have C+P rooms confirmed at Park Hyatt Abu Dhabi, Grand Hyatt Erawan Bangkok, Park Hyatt Siem Reap, Grand Hyatt Hong Kong, and then Andaz West Hollywood. Once I get my 2015 alottment of DSUs I'll make those all suites (available right now).

Once you have Diamond it's awfully hard to let it go - I have 39 nights booked this year (plus 10 from Hyatt card), so may only need one night as a mattress run to renew through to Feb 2017.

smittytabb

Staff member
I just mentally counted up my past and booked stays and I should be at 20 properties by the end of this year.

I'm picking up 2 stays and 7 nights on a Paris trip in May by staying at Andaz 5th Ave and Park Hyatt Vendome, both in suites on C+P.

Then I'm picking up 5 stays and 10 nights on an around the world trip I just booked, and have C+P rooms confirmed at Park Hyatt Abu Dhabi, Grand Hyatt Erawan Bangkok, Park Hyatt Siem Reap, Grand Hyatt Hong Kong, and then Andaz West Hollywood. Once I get my 2015 alottment of DSUs I'll make those all suites (available right now).

Once you have Diamond it's awfully hard to let it go - I have 39 nights booked this year (plus 10 from Hyatt card), so may only need one night as a mattress run to renew through to Feb 2017.
That sounds like a really great trip!

Road Humps

Level 2 Member
That sounds like a really great trip!
Honestly, I can't wait. This will be around the world trip #2, and I really love the madcap aspect of going around the world and stopping in a bunch of places for just a day or two each. It's a very different way of traveling than heading to a single destination. It sort of dawns on you when you go to board the plane to your second destination that this will be very different, and about half way through you're completely distracted by the trip and able to unwind fully.

I'm actually kind of amazed that I was able to book Hyatts on C+P at each stop -- I've even added the Andaz Liverpool St for one night since my previous post.