Hyatt 1 yr Anniversary Cert. booked into a suite.

BoonDR

Level 2 Member
I don't know if it is an anomaly but I figured I would share.
I just got booked into a suite on the anniversary night cert for the Chase Hyatt card. I even questioned the validity of this with the phone rep. He assured me it was an option and booked it. I have the confirmation email as well.

smittytabb

Staff member
I don't know if it is an anomaly but I figured I would share.
I just got booked into a suite on the anniversary night cert for the Chase Hyatt card. I even questioned the validity of this with the phone rep. He assured me it was an option and booked it. I have the confirmation email as well.
Are you Diamond? I'd also like some data points. I used mine back to back with my husband at Grand Hyatt Istanbul. Got concierge floor access and an upgrade but no suite. I am Diamond. He is Platinum. We got to use it for both nights which I thought was generous. Of course sometimes you can find a suite without much difference in price anyway depending on the property.

youpaiyou

Level 2 Member
I booked my anniversary night cert a few weeks ago at the Hyatt Regency in SF and I was not given an option to book a suite.

BoonDR

Level 2 Member
I think it was an anomaly, I am only Platinum, from the card. (14 nights this year but all award nights). The rep sounded sure I could book any room I wanted, (even mentioned the one that was sold out) He may have been unfamiliar, I don't know. All I know is I didn't even consider a suite until he started offering them as options.

Morris

Level 2 Member
It's good either way. This is either an option all the time, or we found out that the CSR's are not restricted in what they can do. This definitely reinforces the HUTA mantra.

smittytabb

Staff member
I think it was an anomaly, I am only Platinum, from the card. (14 nights this year but all award nights). The rep sounded sure I could book any room I wanted, (even mentioned the one that was sold out) He may have been unfamiliar, I don't know. All I know is I didn't even consider a suite until he started offering them as options.
I think you got lucky. What does your email confirmation say and what does your reservation say on the website? Sometimes they are different with the email being more specific and accurate.

smittytabb

Staff member
Check out Running with Miles latest post. Looks like he was upgraded to a suite with a Hyatt cert at Hyatt Regency Thessaloniki

BoonDR

Level 2 Member
I think you got lucky. What does your email confirmation say and what does your reservation say on the website? Sometimes they are different with the email being more specific and accurate.
I think so too, the HGP website is vague, no room description, which I believe is normal. However the email is very thorough listing the suite type, square footage, and the "C" Rate and Anniversary night.

I am hesitating to share the location because I fear it is dumb luck.

I would suggest asking "what types of rooms do you have available?" Then mention you are going to use the anniversary night cert. See if it works.

BoonDR

Level 2 Member
I have stayed the night, so I'll share details, it was the Hyatt Regency Boston, booked into at "LaFayette Terrace Suite", voluntarily downgraded to a "LaFayette Suite" when there were no clean terrace rooms available for a 10:30am check-in.(plus I had a 3 yr-old with us, wife wasn't to happy about the terrace anyways) Very nice room.

Jamie

Level 2 Member
I will say this... You know how every time you talk to someone at Hyatt (slight exaggeration) they close the call by asking if you're interested in the CC? Well, I've had someone say that because I'm diamond member the two free nights would be suite nights when they were describing the card benefits. I'm pretty sure they just were used to it being that way in the old days. But if I got the card, I would say that a rep told me the nights would book into a suite. I wouldn't push it and be a jerk, but I would mention it and see if it got me a suite.

BoonDR

Level 2 Member
I will say this... You know how every time you talk to someone at Hyatt (slight exaggeration) they close the call by asking if you're interested in the CC? Well, I've had someone say that because I'm diamond member the two free nights would be suite nights when they were describing the card benefits. I'm pretty sure they just were used to it being that way in the old days. But if I got the card, I would say that a rep told me the nights would book into a suite. I wouldn't push it and be a jerk, but I would mention it and see if it got me a suite.
I actually did get the suite nights on sign up (when that was the public offer for diamonds, as I did the trial then) but this was the annual Cat 4 or lower cert.

Matt

Administrator
Staff member
Well color me surprised - I've seen my Hyatt Cat 1-4 cert lurking in AwardWallet for the longest time, and finally tried to call in and book a night with it- went like charm.

I was under the impression that the Cert would be forfeit after canceling the card, but apparently after it issued it stays on your account (I think it has a 12 month shelf life) even if you don't hold the Hyatt CC.

tkky

Level 2 Member
Well color me surprised - I've seen my Hyatt Cat 1-4 cert lurking in AwardWallet for the longest time, and finally tried to call in and book a night with it- went like charm.

I was under the impression that the Cert would be forfeit after canceling the card, but apparently after it issued it stays on your account (I think it has a 12 month shelf life) even if you don't hold the Hyatt CC.
Similar thing happened with me with Ritz and IHG after I was "cancelled" by our friends at Chase. Free nights/clubroom upgrades processed after termination of the relationship.