Howard Johnson Promo: Chance at a 50% Discount on "Orange Wednesday" (Select Properties Only)

D

David

Valid December 3, 2014 only.

You've heard of Cyber Monday .. well this is Hojo's version, only held on the first Wednesday after Thanksgiving.

This deal - offered by 40 or so Hojo properties within the United States and Canada, gets you 50% off the hotel's regular rate for bookings of up to 3 nights. Success depends on how fast your fingers can do the dialing!

Here's how it works:

The special 50% off rate can only be booked between 12:01 AM EST (that's 9:01 AM for us west-coasters) through 11:50 PM EST on Wednesday, December 3rd. The first 5 callers who can successfully reach the property are the ones who will get in on the deal. Everyone else is out of luck! Just call and say: "I want to book the Orange Wednesday rate" (your stay must be completed by March 3, 2015 and some blackout dates apply). You may only book this deal by calling the hotel directly - nothing can be done online. Be sure to browse the list of properties and jot down the phone number of the hotel you like. Have it ready to go on Wednesday morning. Realistically, the "contest" should be over within the first 5 minutes! You will have to act fast to stand a chance!

Unfortunately, many Hojo properties in the U.S. are subpar. If you're considering a stay in southern California, I can recommend the one in Anaheim. It's normally a bit pricey, but it is very nice. I stayed here on a comped stay once (during the Wyndham BRG days) and found it much better than any other Hojo I've ever stayed in! Other than that, YMMV on all of the others. Good luck!

Continue reading...