Hotel ideas in Busch Garden and Sea World Areas in FL

justcallmeima

Level 2 Member
Hi,
I am looking for recommendations for hotels in Tampa, FL and Orlando for an upcoming visit - either December (xmas week) or 3rd week of January.
Just 2 days in each city. I am NOT doing Disney this time :(
Saw there was a Hotel right across from Busch Gardens (part of the State University??) - any other suggestions? and there are just way too many options in Orlando - any suggestions by Sea World?
It will be me and my 4 year old and possibly my sister and her 13 year in Orlando.
Not looking for luxury necessarily, but would like a pool and a nice place to hang out when we are done for the day (early risers but 4 year old needs nap in afternoon :))
Will have car - would like to NOT pay resort fees and parking fees.

I have:
72K Club Carlson Points + a free night cert
78K Hilton Points
53K Membership Rewards
and will have 35K SPG points as soon as they post (literally just finished minimum spend on it yesterday - nice timing, huh?)

thanks!

GettingReady

Level 2 Member
Um, Dec and Jan are kinda cold for pools, even in Florida, unless you book in a place with a heated indoor pool. We ran our pool heater one year over the holidays due to company. Never again.

GettingReady

Level 2 Member
awardmapper(dot)com is a fun site to play around with. Once I have hotel points, I'll start using it more. At least it's an easy link to remember!

italdesign

Level 2 Member
AwardMapper is good for getting a broad idea of hotel options in a place, but the data is far from complete. And it's not just new properties that don't show up. Just today I looked at Koh Samui. Conrad Koh Samui was not included.

So it's not a substitute for manually searching the hotel websites for completeness. But nonetheless a good place to start.

GettingReady

Level 2 Member
AwardMapper is good for getting a broad idea of hotel options in a place, but the data is far from complete. And it's not just new properties that don't show up. Just today I looked at Koh Samui. Conrad Koh Samui was not included.

So it's not a substitute for manually searching the hotel websites for completeness. But nonetheless a good place to start.
Just when I think there's a tool that will save research time, someone bursts my bubble! Oh, well. Guess I'll have to forgive you especially since you gave us a heads up. :)