Hilton Waikola Village

Zoe

Level 2 Member
I purchased the Hilton time share package which includes:
7 day / 6 night stay at a Hilton area hotel. PLUS 7 Day Car Rental, 25,000 HHonor points, and $200 Spend a Night on Us certificate for $849. I could have chosen the Hilton Hawaiian Village in Waikiki, Las Vegas or Arizona(?) instead. Has anyone else done this? What are your thoughts?

Matt

Administrator
Staff member
I purchased the Hilton time share package which includes:
7 day / 6 night stay at a Hilton area hotel. PLUS 7 Day Car Rental, 25,000 HHonor points, and $200 Spend a Night on Us certificate for $849. I could have chosen the Hilton Hawaiian Village in Waikiki, Las Vegas or Arizona(?) instead. Has anyone else done this? What are your thoughts?
Timeshares are generally terrible - $849 for that as a one off looks ok, what makes it a timeshare, are there annual fees in addition and did it have any other costs and can you back out of it?

Zoe

Level 2 Member
I will attend a 90 minute presentation and pay $849 to receive the rewards. I would never, ever purchase the timeshare. If I did accidentally do so, then:

"Right to Cancel a Timeshare Contract in Hawaii
§16-106-20: Under the timeshare laws in Hawaii, a buyer has seven calendar days to cancel a timeshare contract. This time frame may either be seven days after the timeshare contract is signed or after the buyer receives the receipt of the disclosure statement for the timeshare contract. Notice must be sent in person or by mail. You may need assistance from a timeshare attorney to draft these legal documents. According to this timeshare law, if a purchaser requests to cancel a timeshare or timeshare contract, the seller must refund the buyer within fifteen days."

Also, Hawaiian law says that they can only keep you there 90 min or whatever time they originally promise that you need to sit thru. I usually bring my kid w/me to make it go by faster.

Matt

Administrator
Staff member
As long as they didn't slip any recurring 'timeshare' annual payments or whatnot in there I think that's a pretty good deal. I'm always super wary of these guys doing that.

Zoe

Level 2 Member
I found this website and we went on a great Mexican all inclusive vacation a few years ago. They were offering even better deals then. It worked out for us, however the company currently has an "F" rating by the BBB. It will give you an idea of what is possible, if one is willing to sit through a time share presentation.

http://dream2travel.com/weeklydeals.php

P

PointzNmilezAdikt

I have a coming up Presentation also but in vegas! 10k hilton points 200 bux to spend, dinner and show for 2, 3 nights 4 days at the hilton elara for a 90 minute presentation also. Price 235 with taxes. Paid with my arrival...final price? FREE!! minus 90 minutes of listening just to say no but hey I happen to have had the trip planned anyway so this one time...score for me!

Reactions: Zoe

Zoe

Level 2 Member
Just got back from Hilton Waik0loa. We had a grand time!! The property is gorgeous. I recommend staying in the Lagoon Tower because the rooms are refurbished, are near the best pools and lobby. It is 62 acres and they have a tram and boat rides to help you get around. The time share presentation went by quickly and there was absolutely no pressure to purchase after the 90 minute presentation. My only warning is that everything is very expensive. Parking is $17 per day for self park and $22 for valet parking. I ordered an $11 dollar mac & cheese for room service and it came out to $23 - after the $8 delivery fee, etc. To swim with the dolphins it is $26o for 45 minutes. So I did spend an extra few hundred dollars. However, it well worth it for us and I would return in a split second.

Matt

Administrator
Staff member
Just got back from Hilton Waik0loa. We had a grand time!! The property is gorgeous. I recommend staying in the Lagoon Tower because the rooms are refurbished, are near the best pools and lobby. It is 62 acres and they have a tram and boat rides to help you get around. The time share presentation went by quickly and there was absolutely no pressure to purchase after the 90 minute presentation. My only warning is that everything is very expensive. Parking is $17 per day for self park and $22 for valet parking. I ordered an $11 dollar mac & cheese for room service and it came out to $23 - after the $8 delivery fee, etc. To swim with the dolphins it is $26o for 45 minutes. So I did spend an extra few hundred dollars. However, it well worth it for us and I would return in a split second.
Thanks for reporting back, it sounded great. Funnily, I remember my recent stay at the Hyatt Carmel where we turned our noses up at $200 of credit (we spent a lot more than that dining there that evening, and knew we would) for 90 mins. Now that I am a Daddy though, I would have no problem sitting through that (i'd bring the little poop machine along), things change fast!

Glad that this really was a great deal, I was worried it was a trick to hard sell you, but you already showed that you could handle that so it's good to hear that it was actually a great stay for you too.

mrsjon01

Level 2 Member
Charity Forum Mod
We stayed here as well in January and I wanted to go for the presentation, but my husband wouldn't let me. Even though I 100% know better, I am a terrible sucker for any kind of marketing/upselling and would have ended up trying to buy one. Ha.

My son says that it's his favorite property in the world, but I think that's because he went down the water slide 175 times in one day. Yes, literally 175 times. We also found it super expensive to eat so we ate sushi and poke from the local ABC market every day, and got inexpensive burritos from down the road at Highlands Center.

manicsocks

Level 2 Member
I'm doing this deal in September and I was told I wont have to pay a parking fee because of where I an staying on the property. Anyone have any experience with that? Or on HHonors benefits? I've heard you can get breakfast vouchers?

Zoe

Level 2 Member
Where are you staying? Is it at one of the time share properties such as Kings Landing, etc or the Hilton Waikoloa Village resort hotel?

mrsjon01

Level 2 Member
Charity Forum Mod
I'm doing this deal in September and I was told I wont have to pay a parking fee because of where I an staying on the property. Anyone have any experience with that? Or on HHonors benefits? I've heard you can get breakfast vouchers?
As a HH Gold we got breakfast vouchers which were for 1 person only. They were $10 coupons that could be used anywhere at the resort. There were 3 of us, so that didn't really work for a breakfast option so we used them for iced coffees in the morning at the coffee shop. We're not big breakfast eaters so we got some cereal for my son at the grocery store, and kept milk in our room fridge. It was a great solution for us.

StephenW

Thanks for the report. I was offered this once but declined due to the time frame within which I had to book the package - vacation availability was uncertain at that time. Did you get a call soliciting interest from HGVC?

The two times I've received timeshare offers were when I called a property to make changes/special requests - then followed the "listen to this offer for 1000 HH points." I actually routinely call properties before my stay to see if I can get an offer again, but so far I haven't had much luck.

Zoe

Level 2 Member
I received the offers while making reservations for hotel rooms and then "listening to the offer" afterwards. I haven't called them lately. Although, they said the offer was good for 1 year. However, I was able to extend the certificate for an additional year, after I tried to cancel, after I had made the purchase.

Funny, I didn't even see this thread when I wrote about our timeshare presentation experience. I am currently working on my hotel review, which is not as positive as above. Not awful, but I would not go back. I think that being placed into the Lagoon Tower (which we were not) probably enhances the experience.